Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. kframe357

My hot rod schwinn

I like those bars, not too sure on the streamers though...
  2. kframe357

Old new member

Haven't posted or been on here in a long time, sold most my bikes. But I have a new house and a garage again! Time to jump back in and try to come up with some old cruisers to play around with.
  3. kframe357

front axle conversion

I was under the impression that the wide white rims were S-2's. i went ahead and filed the fork, I made the decision that these rims were permenant. Thanks everyone.
  4. kframe357

front axle conversion

If it helps, the rims are Weinmann AS7X's I may just keep them (alloy, and look like the S-2 in design). The rear has a Nexus 3 speed internal hub with no shifter and cable, making a single speed.
  5. kframe357

front axle conversion

I'm turning my 63 Typhoon into a boardtracker (well, kinda), I'm using newer rims that have a larger front axle (I realized it after getting them :roll: ). The bike had a white S-2 rear with a Bendix red band coaster with broken spokes, the front was a rusty unknown ugly rim. So, should I...
  6. kframe357

where'd you username come from?

I'm really into Smith & Wesson.... and really like k-frame revolvers chambered in .357 magnum :mrgreen:
  7. kframe357

good problem to have

I picked up a black early 60's 26" Typhoon a few weeks ago. While looking for parts today, I found a mid 60's coppertone 26" cantilever frame with grips, seat, kickstand, seat post for $35. I need a seat post and grips (among other things). Should I buy it for the parts and resell the frame, or...
  8. kframe357

hawk bikes

they look nice, but too pricey for me. I like my cheapo garage sale finds....
  9. kframe357

"Sprocket Man" comic book

he throws that an awful lot like Captain America.....
  10. kframe357

Schwinn Cruiser SSX

Thanks, I gotta put the chain back on and touch up the springer, the paint's getting a lil banged up.
  11. kframe357

Schwinn Cruiser SSX

Got my new seat for the SSX last night. Not bad for under $45 IMO....
  12. kframe357

thinking of Brooks saddle......but........

I love the look of a Brooks, but could not justify spending more for a seat than I spent on my 3 cruisers combined. I just ordered a seat from Felt for there "Hot Wheels" bike. It's looks similar and comes in at $45. I'm gonna slap it on my Schwinn SSX.
  13. kframe357

Addicted to black cantilevers....

Ordered a new seat for the SSX, have a Felt "Hot Wheels" coming, I'll post pics when I have it on...
  14. kframe357

Is this Schwinn Cruiser SS a old bike or repop

Plus the warning sticker on the top tube may be a sign that it's new......... :wink:
  15. kframe357

Our chopper bikes

Looks like you guys are truly enjoying them. They look great!
  16. kframe357

Firestone bike question...

Here are a couple of pics...
  17. kframe357

Firestone bike question...

I'm not familiar with them, it's a Firestone 500. One popped up local to me for $50. If I pick it up, should I strip it for parts (anything usable for Schwinns?) or ride it?
  18. kframe357

'63 Schwinn to rat out.

Yeah, the front rim is going away. The rear has a couple broken spokes and I'm not wise in the ways of repair/fabrication. I'm gonna try to track down some ugly rims to paint. Maybe sell the rear rim off cheap to someone who can fix it....
  19. kframe357

Death Buggy

wow! very nice!
  20. kframe357

Stingray triple tree forks on a 60's middleweight?

Sounds like it may be more work than I can handle right now.... thanks
Back