Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

Laying in the trash

Jeez....If that's what gets tossed out in Richmond Hill, NY... I need to move. Congrats
  2. H

1955 Schwinn Corvette all original

Cool. Not sure everyone here knows what you have... The FIRST Middleweight made in the US. Congrats
  3. H

Brand new Higgins color flow

Awesome Bike. Memory Lane never ceases to amaze. Right Place, right time with cash is the ticket there. I heard sombody got a smoking deal on a Nice Schwinn Hornet and Shelby pair too. Just shows that there are nice Original bikes still out there waiting to be found. Congrats.
  4. H

1953 Western Flyer X-53

I haven't had the time to swap out the original tires for Riders yet but I did have time to clean it up. The original owner covered all the chrome in Shellac which preserved the original chrome nicely. Here it is: On display at the Ann Arbor Bike Show:
  5. H

Wards Monark Silver King

Amazing deal. Congrats.
  6. H

1956 Red Schwinn Phantom

Yep. Bike came with a lock Holder and i found a masterlock in my parts bin.
  7. H

1956 Red Schwinn Phantom

Cleaned and greased for summer... Added a NOS set of USA made Typhoon Cords and a Minty 1956 S-2 rimset I had stashed for awhile. Found a lens for the light and correct 3" reflector for the rear.
  8. H

1956 Red Schwinn Phantom

Picked this up today. 1956 Phantom. Rims are shot but the rest of the bike will clean up nicely for a decent survivor rider. Only missing the horn, front lens and rear reflector.
  9. H

1954 Schwinn Jaguar

Just picked this up. All original 3-speed balloon bike. Has original paint (Red faded to gold/green) and decals with S-2 rimset and correct Schwinn crash rail seat. Only missing correct tires and the Rocket Ray light. I'm thinking about just getting the light and leaving it as-is...
  10. H

Silver King with PICS

Sent you a PM. Don't drill that PIN. The seat post bolt should be on the TOP of the SEAT POST under that SEAT. These bikes never had seat clamps they came with SEAT posts that have through bolts similar to a standard bike neck. Hope this helps you out. Would hate to see you wreck the frame by...
  11. H

In the right place at the right time. Dudley swap meet

Super find. Great to buy it from the original owner. Gives it that special provenance.
  12. H

1953 Western Flyer X-53

Picked this up in January. All Original Complete to the tubes...
  13. H

1953 Schwinn Starlet

Nice Bike. I had one like it a while back. Yours is rarer than most since it has the locking blade fork as well as the less common paint scheme.
  14. H

Saturday Morning Craigslist Schwinn Hornet

Snagged this 1957 Green Hornet this morning off local Craigslist. Needs the right seat, light and bars. Decent paint that should clean up. Horn works. Good winter project.
  15. H

79 TEAM MONGOOSE

It's cool all flaked off like that. I owned a 1980 Blue Team goose that had about 85% of its OG finish. Cleaned it and eventually sold it to another collector that wanted a complete "Original". There were times I wanted to restore it but I didn't want to affect its future market value. Hard...
  16. H

1980 MooseGoose from ML

In the bike collecting hobby I call that "money in the bank". I laid out a little over about 1/2 of what the same chrome frame/fork would bring these days on eBay. In my book it still qualifies as a score. It "was" the gap in my 1980 Mongoose line-up as now, I have a 1980 Supergoose, Team...
  17. H

1980 MooseGoose from ML

Picked this up at the Memory Lane swap Friday. Complete OG 1980 MooseGoose in candy blue. I sold 5 bikes and bought 1 so it was a Great Show. Needs grips and a different seat to be complete but It's a survivor so I'll leave it as-is.
  18. H

Back-to-Back Vintage Treks

Heres the photo: 1978 Serial number. Shimano 600 Group.
  19. H

Back-to-Back Vintage Treks

Nice Find. What year is that Trek? Campagnolo group? or Shimano 600? Looks early. I have a 1978 that looks just like it.
Back