1956 Red Schwinn Phantom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up today. 1956 Phantom. Rims are shot but the rest of the bike will clean up nicely for a decent survivor rider. Only missing the horn, front lens and rear reflector.

100_5286_1.jpg

Cleaned and greased for summer...

Added a NOS set of USA made Typhoon Cords and a Minty 1956 S-2 rimset I had stashed for awhile. Found a lens for the light and correct 3" reflector for the rear.

100_5288.jpg

100_5291.jpg

100_5292.jpg

100_5293.jpg

CCR said:
Thats a good looking bike, Kind of miss the basket though :lol:

I don't know how serious CCR was but I liked the basket and I hesitate to say it, the streamers too. Your bike is AMAZING looking as it now stands but those little added touches made it stand out from the pack in my opinion. It's those ridiculous accessories that give it a true survivor look. Like on the bike below. I could never imagine adding the sticker or the snoopy but now I can't imagine this bike without them. Let me be clear in that I Love your bike any which way!

I was serious about the basket, but the bike does look cool as all get out all shined up, plus i know the squeaks can drive you nuts with a springer and a basket on it too :wink: just a cool bike, really glad you kept the blackwalls on there too !!!

I must say it doesen't get mo betta than that! She shines with the new rims. Definately on my Dream list
Ride and smile... :wink:

I might be interested in the wheel set you took off.I'm building a super rusty/crusty phantom.If you plan to sell them let me know please.
-Kreep-

Back