Back-to-Back Vintage Treks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So week before last I raced home with that luscious first year Trek MTB, then today I scored this roadie. My buddy's been going crazy with desire to get a road bike so we picked this one up this afternoon and I did the basic mild cleanup, adjust, and new bartape. The thing is original down to the letter, and has the old school "Jim Blackburn" bottle cage from long ago before the company became simply "Blackburn".
This thing is luscious 531 Reynolds and has a smooth and quiet ride. I am, admittedly, a bit envious of his new ride.
(*New tires and replacement cables forthcoming)

IMG_0169.jpg

Nice Find.

What year is that Trek?

Campagnolo group? or Shimano 600?

Looks early. I have a 1978 that looks just like it.

It's Shimano 600, but has some pretty stylized derailleurs, which I have not seen in the 600 groupset (I think I'm more familiar with the later 600 stuff when brifters came out).

Got a photo of yours? I'd like to nail down a year. I didn't even check the BB and record the serial number, I'll text him and get it.

Tailwinds said:
It's Shimano 600, but has some pretty stylized derailleurs, which I have not seen in the 600 groupset (I think I'm more familiar with the later 600 stuff when brifters came out).

Got a photo of yours? I'd like to nail down a year. I didn't even check the BB and record the serial number, I'll text him and get it.

It's called "shimano arabesque" and it's becoming a little more sought after, just the group brings around $150 bucks on feebay.

Back