Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Wooden Foot

Ol' Dirty Huffy

Bought this 60's Huffy a few months ago, haven't done much yet. But I'm throwing idea's around but I lack parts and am on a tight budget, so I imagine this will take a while. I stripped the paint off the frame and revealed the rust under coat which I intend on keeping and possibly maybe even...
  2. Wooden Foot

Mash Banger "Last Act"

Re: Mash Banger definitely one of my fav's so far, this bike screams originality.
  3. Wooden Foot

Scored this huffy the other day...

I also considered just cutting off the tubing at an angle and just leaving the holes there. I need to finish stripping the paint off mine I think I'm going to flat clear it and leave it raw. Might steal a springer off my moms newer target schwinn beach cruiser. How easy is it to replace the...
  4. Wooden Foot

The serial # of mine is 5H038187 the 87 is hard to make out, I hope that helps, I'm thinking about plugging mine with some caulk or something. I haven't done much yet I'm scrounging around for parts now.
  5. Wooden Foot

Thanks, I still don't see a serial #, but I trust your judgment. I don't know what direction I'm going to take this build I have it stripped of paint the paint stripper ate up the bullets so I'm going to find something to replace them with.
  6. Wooden Foot

Fairly odd Lady

^^As do I^^
  7. Wooden Foot

Picture quality sucks but here it is. It also says Dayton Ohio at the bottom of the badge. Hope this helps....thnx fellas!
  8. Wooden Foot

I'm not finding any numbers on the drop outs or anywhere for that matter, but when I bought it the guy told me it was a 50's or 60's huffy. I haven't been able to find any like this on the web so I'm kind of lost. But thanks for the info though.
  9. Wooden Foot

Yes sir it does, its a shimano and it still works just needs greased.
  10. Wooden Foot

New Guy here from Cleveland, Ohio

I'm from the greater Columbus area and also new here, glad to see fellow Buckeyes here.
  11. Wooden Foot

Old chain no master link??

It actually had two non-dogbone links in it and I flexed the chain and pried with a screwdriver as mentioned above and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help guys I need to pick up a chain tool mine is broken atm.
  12. Wooden Foot

Bmx Rebuild

Frame:96 S&M Holmes Fork:Pitch Forks Bars:Slam Stem:Dk jumpig stem Wheels:Sun BFR'd Bullet Proof hubs 48 hole Crank:Profile 180mm Pedals:Primo plastic tenderizers Seat:Verde pivotal Post:macniel pivotal Clamp:profile Sprocket:Threshold 39t
  13. Wooden Foot

Hey all!

Thanks for the welcome and the comment on my username.
  14. Wooden Foot

Noobie here looking for some tips.

Thanks guys! Also a Rob!
  15. Wooden Foot

thnx guys! I have took it apart and started stripping the paint off. I really would like a springer front end but we will see what happens.
  16. Wooden Foot

Old chain no master link??

Got an old huffy I'm tearing down and it is stripped down all but the chain I cant find a master link and I dont want to cut it. Any suggestions would be grand.
  17. Wooden Foot

Fairly odd Lady

I like the route you seem to be taking. Good stuff.
  18. Wooden Foot

$45 bucks and I couldn't pass it by. Let me know if anyone can help guesstimate the year or make. And let me know if this is a score I'm new here...
  19. Wooden Foot

19PENNYSAVER71 (LAST UPDATE 07/31 FINAL DETAILS)

Re: 19PENNYSAVER71 (UPDATE 5/18) This build is sick I have a frame almost the same except its 26" cant wait to start tearing into her.
  20. Wooden Foot

Noobie here looking for some tips.

Just bought this Huffy today not sure on the year. I plan on ratting it out and am looking for some tips, I plan on using my own creative talents but just want some do's and don'ts if you will. Weird badge of some sort. Another shot. I am new to these types of bike's I usually work on and...
Back