Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaxon said:
I got my red bike today. No scrapes or scratches. Everything was zip tied or taped to the frame. My steering tube was over tightened and not much grease on the bearings. I greased them up and everything worked great. I took it down a 3/4 of a mile hill next to my house. Got it up to about 30 MPH on the road and it handled good. A nice thing about them is they have 36 spoke rims. If you want to add a electric hub motor to the rear wheel it will be no problem. I am happy with it for a few hundred dollars.

Don't forget to grease the bottom bracket. They are normally dry like this.

P1000674-600x450.jpg

So Kingfish....could you tell visually that your BB was cross threaded before you started to pull yours apart or was it after you removed the BB that you saw it had been cross threaded?

Rat Rod said:
So Kingfish....could you tell visually that your BB was cross threaded before you started to pull yours apart or was it after you removed the BB that you saw it had been cross threaded?

while pulling the left bearing cup it didn't feel right. Once i removed it i could look at the threads of both the cup and the bb and see the messed up threads

Hmmm, 25 pages of posts and over 5600 views in just two weeks, yet not a single new post in the last 24 hours.

Is the party over?
Is the 'FAT' lady about to sing? :|

Just when I was considering some stock in WalMart! :lol:

The Renaissance Man said:
Hmmm, 25 pages of posts and over 5600 views in just two weeks, yet not a single new post in the last 24 hours.

Is the party over?

Nope she's not ready to sing just yet... I need to wait till may to start cutting and welding.

dracothered said:
The Renaissance Man said:

Is the party over?

Nope she's not ready to sing just yet... I need to wait till may to start cutting and welding.

Now it's going to get interesting!

These Walgoose fat bikes sure look like a lot of fun and are certainly tempting at the price... but I wonder - once the novelty wears off is this something you would choose to ride very often? It seems like they'd be cumbersome and awkward for anything other than low speed flatland cruising. Our area is quite hilly so unless it was geared lower and lost some weight I don't think it would work very well here.

Definitely needs geared down, mine is much better with a 22 tooth rear sprocket. If all I did was street cruising, a 20 tooth would probably be just right. It comes with 36 front, 18 rear.

[/quote]Don't forget to grease the bottom bracket. They are normally dry like this.

P1000674-600x450.jpg
[/quote]

I don't have a wheel puller, is there a way to get them off without one?

That pic is super cool.
I want to see someone poppin a wheelie on a Beast!

Those guys know how to have fun with bikes.

That is why this forum is so great!!!!

Fun is even build into our rules

Forum Rule #2
...this is supposed to be fun.

Build Off Rule #10
...just build a cool bike and have fun

Shwaeet !

I'm soo being drawn into wanting one of those bikes ! 8)

I got the cranks off to look at the bearings, just a very light coating. The threads are hard to work with, even with grease on them and working it slowly. I hope I don't have to pull it again.

rurv9w.jpg

Latest posts

Back