Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bring your Beast to work and get the HR Manager to ride it around the parking lot for 10 minutes.

He'll have a whole new outlook on the meaning of exercise. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rat Rod said:
Bring your Beast to work and get the HR Manager to ride it around the parking lot for 10 minutes.

Now that is a great idea!! It doesn't bother me all that much about the money but the fact that he claims its NOT physical exercise and everybody has a bike just really irked me. I mean, I've been working at this place for almost 6 years and I weight lift 4-5 days every week. Since then I probably have bought over 4k in weight equipment and never claimed any. Every year they give us 100 bucks to use if we choose to stay or get healthy. I have NEVER used the wellness program but the one chance I get to they shoot me down with some B.S. reason. The thing is, he is the director of H.R. and he has all the power to reject anything he doesn't feel to be a necessary form of exercise. But get this, they will reimberse me for an indoor recumbent bike!

Just feel they offer this 'program' to offset high insurance premiums and not to help those that really want to stay and be healthy. That is what REALLY ticks me off. I know there are ways 'around' it but being dishonest just isn't in my blood.

Sorry for the rant but I had to tell somone and the community here seems to listen. Especially on the bike topic.

DPARTY82 said:
Rat Rod said:

Now that is a great idea!! It doesn't bother me all that much about the money but the fact that he claims its NOT physical exercise and everybody has a bike just really irked me. I mean, I've been working at this place for almost 6 years and I weight lift 4-5 days every week. Since then I probably have bought over 4k in weight equipment and never claimed any. Every year they give us 100 bucks to use if we choose to stay or get healthy. I have NEVER used the wellness program but the one chance I get to they shoot me down with some B.S. reason. The thing is, he is the director of H.R. and he has all the power to reject anything he doesn't feel to be a necessary form of exercise. But get this, they will reimberse me for an indoor recumbent bike!

Just feel they offer this 'program' to offset high insurance premiums and not to help those that really want to stay and be healthy. That is what REALLY ticks me off. I know there are ways 'around' it but being dishonest just isn't in my blood.

Sorry for the rant but I had to tell somone and the community here seems to listen. Especially on the bike topic.
So did you get a red or blue bike? Trying not to be political, but sounds like a red one ought to work out OK. Think I'd also take in some receipts for your other equipment.

I would think those Fat Tire bikes would be a lot of exercise. Do they take a lot more effort to get going? But after that they ride pretty smooth / easy.

MazdaFlyer said:
DPARTY82 said:
Rat Rod said:

So did you get a red or blue bike? Trying not to be political, but sounds like a red one ought to work out OK. Think I'd also take in some receipts for your other equipment.

Ended up ordering the red one. Besides the ebay posting, the red beast everyone else was posting looked like a pretty good color choice. Way better than the blue one.

TexasDart said:
I would think those Fat Tire bikes would be a lot of exercise. Do they take a lot more effort to get going? But after that they ride pretty smooth / easy.

They really aren't that bad if you're riding on smooth flat ground. I can get mine rolling pretty easily on the street and can ride at a decent speed without much effort.

Having a 3 speed would really make these bikes even more fun.

Rat Rod said:
TexasDart said:

They really aren't that bad if you're riding on smooth flat ground. I can get mine rolling pretty easily on the street and can ride at a decent speed without much effort.

Having a 3 speed would really make these bikes even more fun.

Someone should modify a Dana three speed to work with that BB axle.
danatransmision_zps24c96074.jpg

So now the Red ones are Out of Stock.
I think I am going to go ahead and get a Blue one.
Who knows when they will restock and if they will keep the same price. I can always repaint. Who knows teh blue may look fine. No one has seen an actual blue one yet.

My new blue one. No scratches but the box was beat up and retaped, and an axle sticking out a hole in the box. I left off the handlebars, stem, and seat, using leftovers I had in the garage.

5kfriu.jpg

Just playing around on paint, black it out, red rims, and wide white walls right up to the tread line. I think YES! Then a layback seat post, brooks wide seat, and some black ape hangers...OH YEAH!
untitled-3_zps21d93458.png

Wildcat said:
My new blue one. No scratches but the box was beat up and retaped, and an axle sticking out a hole in the box. I left off the handlebars, stem, and seat, using leftovers I had in the garage.

5kfriu.jpg

Thanks buddy! Just like the green and the red, the true color looks much better than the Walmart page.
Can you post a side view?

Walmart website now says "out of stock online - check local stores"...

I waited too long. They are OUT OF STOCK on ALL COLORS now!!!!!

NicksGarage said:
Hammond Eggz said:
Walmart website now says "out of stock online - check local stores"...

Has anyone seen them in stores yet?

All around here say "No dice"

I see were it says in limited stores, but it won't say which ones ... you think they'd want to sell something :roll:

I've been to two local to me, and nothing in either one, and the helpful sales clerks had no idea what I was talking about.
So much for thinking I could just pick one up without having to wait for shipping... :cry:

Back