Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
Here is a continuation of this guys review fo the beast in the snow and creeks.
:arrow: http://rideonpurpose.blogspot.com/2013/ ... beast.html
I love the Comment at the bottom.

1 comment:

Travel GravelMarch 27, 2013 at 9:44 PM
For anyone interested, go to http://www.ratrodbikes.com for more pics and opinions. Those guys know how to have fun with bikes.
That was me, under my other identity. There is a pic of a very nice Beast on my blog page http://www.gravelo.blogspot.com that I ripped from an MTBR thread called Pet My Beast. Nothing offensive on that thread, unless you find sweet, tuned bikes to be a problem! (Not very Ratty)

Of all the pics I have seen of this bike, the one of a whole herd of Beasts inside of a WalMart is very interesting. The red bike with the owner's manual under the front tire appears to have an off-center tread. It looks like it is shifted about 4 or 5 degrees off center. Probably a strange ride.

Guess what showed up at my door yesterday afternoon...

2013-4-911_zps5eb35cf9.jpg

They must've been getting a lot of complaints about shipping damage - mine came double-boxed!

2013-4-912_zps87548409.jpg

I thought maybe a big fat bike needed a big fat saddle:

2013-4-913_zps67216d9a.jpg

Although now that it's on there, I'm not so sure about the look... Maybe it's the chrome springs that look out of place. Sure is comfy, though! :mrgreen:
Now, on to more changes!

That's cool about the double boxing. Maybe FedEx got on to them because they were tired of retaping the bottoms of all those boxes!

I think that seat looks awesome on there....just need a layback post now. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
That's cool about the double boxing. Maybe FedEx got on to them because they were tired of retaping the bottoms of all those boxes!

I think that seat looks awesome on there....just need a layback post now. :wink:

My tracking # is from UPS, coming out of CA

Mine too. And it is a SLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW truck.
It took 4.5 days for it to get from Cali to Mesquite, TX.
Halfway here and they say it will arrive by Thursday.

kingfish254 said:
Mine too. And it is a SLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW truck.
It took 4.5 days for it to get from Cali to Mesquite, TX.
Halfway here and they say it will arrive by Thursday.

Maybe they are stopping and joyriding your bike!

Rat Rod said:
Ha Ha...I live about 30 minutes from Mesquite. :lol:

Mine will probably arrive sticker bombed!!! :?
With nice shiny tires. :)

I was in Irving last week. If my timing would have been better, I could have picked up my Walgoose and brought it back on the plane.
It should fit in the overhead, right? :p

Well, I ordered one of these bad boys. It's in the mail, coming to California. I'm going out of town for a week. Should be waiting for me when I get back (for my birthday). Super stoked! I'm eyeing one of those beat seat post as well.

kingfish254 said:
I was in Irving last week. If my timing would have been better, I could have picked up my Walgoose and brought it back on the plane.
It should fit in the overhead, right? :p

Probably not, but they may have let you bring the wheels on as floatation devices. :lol:

Two of those wheels/tires could save an entire group of folks on a 747.

But we all would have died from Tire Fume Poisoning in the cabin.

tastelikedirt said:
Well, I ordered one of these bad boys. It's in the mail, coming to California. I'm going out of town for a week. Should be waiting for me when I get back (for my birthday). Super stoked! I'm eyeing one of those beat seat post as well.

Welcome to RRB!!!
Happy birthday and have fun with your fat bike.

Thanks and thanks! I have a four year old daughter who just made the step up from a little tricycle to a two wheeler with training wheels. Seems like she's figuring out new tricks every day. It's gonna be hard to keep up with her!

Latest posts

Back