Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine really sucks they havent even go a 32 in yet, heck I think the trasher they have is the same one they have had they just keep moving around.If the red is the same as the flat red next mountain bike I seen at walmart I want one of the red ones

kingfish254 said:
I waited too long. They are OUT OF STOCK on ALL COLORS now!!!!!

If I were you, I'd go back to Wall-to-WalMart and let them know that, and then offer them 1/2 price on the damaged one. You might be surprised at how much you can negotiate if you talk to a manager! :!:

The Renaissance Man said:
If I were you, I'd go back to Wall-to-WalMart and let them know that, and then offer them 1/2 price on the damaged one. You might be surprised at how much you can negotiate if you talk to a manager! :!:

+1

That's how I got 40% off my black Onyx 29er about this same time last year, and that just had a few assembly scratches that I later touched-up.

A few minutes ago it looked like you could order a blue one...if you hurry.
Edit: now it shows out of stock.

The Renaissance Man said:
kingfish254 said:
I waited too long. They are OUT OF STOCK on ALL COLORS now!!!!!

True story. They're not gonna want to deal with the bike. My brother in law is the master of getting stuff for ridiculously cheap from kmart and wallyworld.

That's funny...this reminds me of what happened today at lunch. I went to order at the counter and it was busy. The cashier finished ringing up my order, I paid and then I realized I didn't ask for a drink. I said...oh, I forgot to order a drink! The cashier handed me a cup and said...don't worry about it.

Ding!...the evil lightbulb lit up above my head...ha ha!

I can see it now... guys will be keying paint jobs on bikes to get lower prices.
(Not that there isn't enough to nitpick over already :roll: Cough... loose bearings, backward forks... cough) :lol:

I'll bet you'll see them on CL soon, if most are like mine, it will be hard to pedal with the bottom bracket adjusted way too tight. The fatbike fever will wear off when you can't pedal it. Maybe pretty cheap in price too.

Wildcat said:
I'll bet you'll see them on CL soon, if most are like mine, it will be hard to pedal with the bottom bracket adjusted way too tight. The fatbike fever will wear off when you can't pedal it. Maybe pretty cheap in price too.

Let's hope so! :D

I tried to get the broken bike, but they have already shipped it back.
But now that they are available again, I went ahead and ordered another Green one.
Fat Fink II is alive!

jayblok said:
kingfish254, i noticed you build/buy bikes left and right, do you actually enjoy your bikes? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that but me personally, i just can't abandon a new bike,like my Onyx 29er. :cry: Maybe I'm too emotionally attached to my bikes, that's probably why I can't pull the trigger on a Walmart 32 inch or the Mongoose Beast. Is there a way for me to break this vicious cycle? No pun intended.. lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Just look at my Savannah thread and you will see that I enjoy my bikes as well. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=46460
Flipping bikes is a hobby that more than supports my hobby of the bikes that I use. Most of the bikes that I sell are yard sale and CL finds, but you'll notice that I have bought some cool vintage parts and bikes, but I don't sell much of the old stuff. I figure why sell the cool stuff when I still have flip bikes to sell.

kingfish254 said:
But now that they are available again, I went ahead and ordered another Green one.
Fat Fink II is alive!

I hope you chose to have your bike shipped via FedEx this time. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
kingfish254 said:
Fat Fink II is alive!

I did so it will get to me sooner. Now I just have to figure out where to keep it once Build Off 8 starts. :p

Hmmm...yup, they're showing as available again online!

Rat Rod said:
kingfish254 said:
Fat Fink II is alive!

they could always fedex it part of the way then switch it to usps and it take twice as long

Maybe you could just choose to have them ship it via FedEx and then give them your Walmart's address...ha ha. :lol:

Site to Store in half the time. :wink:

I got my red bike today. No scrapes or scratches. Everything was zip tied or taped to the frame. My steering tube was over tightened and not much grease on the bearings. I greased them up and everything worked great. I took it down a 3/4 of a mile hill next to my house. Got it up to about 30 MPH on the road and it handled good. A nice thing about them is they have 36 spoke rims. If you want to add a electric hub motor to the rear wheel it will be no problem. I am happy with it for a few hundred dollars.

Back