The Chief

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the Chief on it's maiden voyage today. A 15 mile ride into beautiful Montreal. I installed the front fender only for now to see how things would go and almost had a flat tire! You have to point the flames a bit upwards to avoid them from jamming in the tire if you hit a nasty bump. I thought about leaving out the fender braces, but now I got no choice. Here's a shot with the blue outline of the flames. I still need to clear coat it and I found a tattoo place that sells those spikes. Too nice outside to work, let's ride :D

FenderFlame5.jpg

I wrote to justbicycles.com when I got the bike that the frame and forks had scratches on them. I also provided them with pictures of the damage. Well today 12 days after that email, I just got....a new frame and fork! I'm putting a second Chief together for my daughter. :D

xddorox said:
I wrote to justbicycles.com when I got the bike that the frame and forks had scratches on them. I also provided them with pictures of the damage. Well today 12 days after that email, I just got....a new frame and fork! I'm putting a second Chief together for my daughter. :D
But where are the scratches on the frame and fork?

xddorox said:
You can't really make them in the pics I have posted here, but they are there. The fork had a nasty scratch near the lower bearing cone and the frame had many scratches on the headtube and downtube.
Okay cool.

"Well today 12 days after that email, I just got....a new frame and fork! I'm putting a second Chief together for my daughter
What a sweet deal. You gotta love a company with service like that. I love the fenders.

Man...that's incredible....you do great work!

Look out...all of your Canadian buddies are going to start sending you fenders and chainguards. :mrgreen:

I try here and there with the striping. Man, that looks dang good to me!!
That's some small stuff too, fenders are small and hard for me to stripe, but you got a lot in there. Looks good!!!

Thanks guys. I use a brush that I make myself. I take hair from a Mack brush( about 10%) and glue them to a notched wooden dowel with thread and some white glue. I make it about 1.5 inch long and that's how I manage to pull those tiny lines. My hand is getting steadier with practice.

Back