Swamp Dog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just thought I'd give all you red necks, hillbillies , city slickers & all around bike junkies an update on the swamp dog !
I been messing around with the front fender . I did not like the look of it. It was just to high above the tire .
Sooooo I dropped it down a dit by using some spacer bushings .
I really like the look now & it's got some definition to & some more detail . It's all about the details for me !
b3f2274ad7872b31b1051201a992617e.jpg
d1bd3c89b4005bcf4567f00a85c3a3ae.jpg
fcb6a7bcd415339be8c270dfe8b34c1a.jpg
c202347173533751fc887102367570e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see a rolling mock up!!!
I like the way you did the front fender, but will the wheel clear the fender when the springer does it's job?

Great to see a rolling mock up!!!
I like the way you did the front fender, but will the wheel clear the fender when the springer does it's job?
I think so there is some space but great point . I didn't think of that [emoji848]

Fender skirts looking good!

I need some advice from you guys & gals . Not sure what bars to go with I really like the apes off the Murray eliminator but the others are more traditional. They both have enough rust to work well with this bike
I'm not set on traditional by any means .
900efad9126e38deb621d7b3938822b3.jpg
5a2c4925b2f76a32ddb931edaa7b94a6.jpg

Actually, I'm digging the rusty apes on there.

That's the beauty of RRB, being able to put other eyes on stuff.
Not all builds are right for apes, but those just seem to fit nicely.

I like the traditional bars myself.

G, I think the apes put the icing on a very ratty build. That said, I feel like the traditional ones tie it together better and give it a build that looks more 'period correct' if you know what I mean? Different bars for different effect...

G, I think the apes put the icing on a very ratty build. That said, I feel like the traditional ones tie it together better and give it a build that looks more 'period correct' if you know what I mean? Different bars for different effect...
Yes I know exactly what you mean because I feel the exact same way . I am on the fence at this point . Thanks bro [emoji109]

Just another opinion.
Dig the apes, but I think they'd look cool if they were turned in a bit.

Love the traditional look, but I have a habit of flipping them on my bikes.

Good news tho, they're handlebars. Easy to change out based on your mood. :113:

i like the hapes just for the matching rust , if it was mine i would run the classic ones , if they could be just a bit more rusty tho .. cool bike !

Back