Swamp Dog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking like a good start! Also, pleasure to meet you at the swap in Dunedin. If your looking for anything, let me know. I have tons of stuff that I wasn't able to bring out!
-B.J.-

Looking like a good start! Also, pleasure to meet you at the swap in Dunedin. If your looking for anything, let me know. I have tons of stuff that I wasn't able to bring out!
-B.J.-
Thanks for your help Kreep ! Had a good time at the show also . You will see a few of your parts on the dog !
bf759bb75c8ab69c3baa07f226fe2729.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hated to cut them but it had to be done to use them with this frame .

The frame, fork and seat are so cool, can't wait to see how the fender/skirt guards turn out. I love the fact that you weren't afraid to chop up those parts, somewhere, someone restoring a girl's Higgins is cursing you.

I bet that first cut took some steely resolve!

Luke.
Yes it was it felt like I was committing the Ultimate sin but once I the sparks started to fly it felt so good I couldn't turn back [emoji95] when it was all said and it was exhilarating !!! Lol
Had to make it the same size as the drive side which is smaller .

Well I really wanted to use this dog leg crank it would have been perfect for the swamp dog . The only problem is that it's made by Schwinn & it's to narrow for this frame. it hits the rear of the frame so I can't peddle it all the way around.
Never was a Schwinn fan sorry guys but it to beaten of a path for me . They built great bikes & we're very smart . You don't interchange parts with Schwinn . You must buy there stuff . Even the thread on the crank will only fit Schwinn bushings & nut . So this one drive me nuts and now it's back in the parts pile [emoji35]

155465c3156295266603461dd877c9d5.jpg

Well here is the next candidate on which crank is right. It's got just enough crust on it and I put a 52 tooth snow flake sprocket on . Came off a Ross so it keep it touch with the frame . The swamp dog should have a good top end to it .
51378b9b6a788c901580ca7e7f158ad3.jpg

You're working those skirts like a seamstress!

Well here is the next candidate on which crank is right. It's got just enough crust on it and I put a 52 tooth snow flake sprocket on . Came off a Ross so it keep it touch with the frame . The swamp dog should have a good top end to it .
51378b9b6a788c901580ca7e7f158ad3.jpg

I'm using the same sprocket on ElgIndian! Nice choice!!

Back