Storage building

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks If I put stuff in there right and don't make a mess, I think the stuff
I can't live without will fit good. Its pretty big inside. :D

Naw the yellow brick road only goes to my shop. I doubt if I will be spending much
time going to my shed,plus I used most all the yellow bricks on the last one.

Rockit my middle brother, Rat Rod's dad ,said why didn't I post it as stretching my shop. He figured
it would have gone with my theme in life. :lol:

Really Scrumblero you could buy the metal and bolt together a frame using drill stem
and make a nice storage that would be twice as strong as that one.

I didnt think about tin stud! we can only use it for interior walls here... and sheds !!

materials are expensive here tho, i would bet just the sheeting and siding would be close to $500

:: just looked , $30 for 1/2 CDX I'd need at least 20 sheets... :roll:

We have a bunch of old drill stem that they sell cheap. Its really thick. I was
going to sink 6 in the ground and weld some sideways and build my shed out of them. Covered
with white tin wouldn't have looked bad. Would have been fast and cheap.
My wife decided I needed to do it this way.
Well I got door. Worked pretty good , I had a lockset from somewhere and that was cheap.

DSCF0001_zps9456f077.jpg

you did it the right way. looks good.

I built my own 8x12 too.
I figured it ran me about $1400.00.
It's way better than the $4000 sheds I see on the Home Depot and Lowe's lots.
Sweat well spent IMHO.

I will probably be getting close to that when I'm done. Still have lots of trimming
and then paint. Its alot of work to get done in 5 days. I'm going to kinda cruise a little today
and let some of the stuff that hurts take a rest. Not much rush now its pretty well dried
in so if it rains it should be fine.
Its funny all the lag bolts I used in the bottom joists make it look kinda frankensteinish. :shock:

Your dad can build as good as me, and he comes up there all the time anyway.
Just stack up a bunch of wood , and show him where it is when he gets there.
I do miss my twinkies. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Actually, what I'd really like is a car port and to have my fence built all the way around my driveway out back with an electric gate opener.

That's about $10,000 worth of fun I can't afford.

Lets see my Grandfather ....your greatgrand father always said you can wish in one hand and hummm
how did that go. Well it was something about wishing :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah boy you need to be on the lookout for a few more early model Sting Ray's :lol: :lol:

Well I needed to cover my one gable. The only good thing about living close to the gulf is
after the hurricanes blow down everything , the insurance builds all new fences. I picked
up a bunch of cedar fence boards. So I decided that I could make my own clapboard siding.
Oh well its cedar and free so it looks good to me. A few more trim pieces and I'm done...well paint too.
DSCF0001_zpse414ece6.jpg

Thanks Clancy. Its was all kinda bowed towards the middle and it fit each other really good.
The bad thing its looking so good inside I hate to violate it with old dirty bike parts. I'm about ready to throw all the parts in a dumpster and make me a MAN CAVE!....its the perfect size for a really cool hammock and a 5' big screen tv. I already picked out a place for my fridge. There is a sewer line capped within 5 feet of it. I had it installed when I built my house.
Capped it and never used it. Water is close too. A small half bath would be killer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back