Storage building

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Stretch said:
Its moving right along. I feel like I have gotten a bunch done in three days. :roll:

Ive hammered plenty of nails fixing up our house and i bought a finish nailer a long time ago but I bought a framing nailer when i built my shed .... walls were going up in no time :shock: looks like your going fast enough to me for someone who doesn't do it for a living :wink:

what is really cool about this ... you can open the blinds to your little work shop .. and see all the stuff in your storage shop..
a man has to be able to see his stuffs

Yeah right now I have blinds on my shop so the sun won't burn me out. Its just for storage and
my shop is air conditioned. I'm not going to insulate the storage. For a little dinky storage building
its getting pretty expensive. Lowe's is making money off of me on this thing. :shock:

Well got two of the C channels on....four more to go. Its really humid today and hot
well normal Texas weather. I am already wringing wet. Am just hoping for the strength
to finish this monster. :shock: :roll: :roll:
DSCF0001_zpsdf29f13a.jpg

Three down and three to go....
DSCF0001_zpsfc3d1f03.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Well got two of the C channels on....four more to go. Its really humid today and hot
well normal Texas weather. I am already wringing wet.

Take your shirt off, Natural A/C :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Uncle Stretch said:
Clancy there is nothing sadder than an old fat man without a shirt. :shock:

.... that brings a tear to my eye... mostly cause I resemble that remark.. :oops: :lol: :shock: life goes on

All done and ready for the roof. Maybe get that on tomorrow.
Still plugging along though. Its gonna look like a duplex. :lol: :lol:

DSCF0002_zps07e12ef0.jpg

Well one thing for sure its plenty sturdy. Shedplex now that is funny.
Well I'm at $851 and that is the roof included. A door is $116 and I still need the
caulking rope stuff that goes on the sheets to seal them and the screws. Not too bad.
The paint and a few 1x4's for the corners and I should be finished. Little storage sheds
are kinda expensive.

These are 8' long and the shop is 12' wide. I'm not sure how high it is in the middle
so the 8' ones will fit....probably 4' at the peak.
The rope caulk comes on a roll. Its about 1/4'' wide . You run a strip down the high edge
and then when you stick the other piece on top it squshes down and seals. Then the screws
have a rubber washer on them and they seal. I have never had a leak in my shop....ever :wink:
DSCF0004_zps363927a4.jpg

That sure looks nice!

After the tree fell through my carport and shop I had the shop fixed and was running out of insurance money for the carport (18x20 with truss roof) and getting quotes of $5,000+ :shock: So I spent $1100 on a steel carport, same size and been very happy. I like wood though, but I had to get a cover.

My most prized possessions is my 20 x 20 carport. I built it out of this same c channel frame. Then put this tin on top. I have had it for 25 years and I would really miss it if it was gone. Saved a bunch of my car paint jobs from the weather.

Yeah I'm going to build some hooks and hang all the loose frames up there where they won't
be in the way. I still have stuff to finish, but its getting really close.
DSCF0001_zps7169cc00.jpg

Back