SaltHammer Savannah Sand Flats Silver King (1935 Monark Silver King) - Aug01 FINISHED! What A Blast!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the chainguard, if you don't use one, you have the gap between the chain stay and the bottom of the skirt, just doesn't look right, could extend the skirt down to the stay though, that could work...

Luke.

Chain guard but not that one...
Have you weathered with chalk before?

Carl.

I could use this aluminum chain guard that I still have. Here is a pick when it was on the cherry Silver King that I got in trade for Firewing a few years back.

WP_20150624_08_52_37_Pro.jpg

And I still have this short French aluminum guard that I got from irzouts in Paris.

irz.jpg

Just send me the zeph chainguard, problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a lot of flipping back and forth with photos and thinking hard on how I want this build to look.
As much as I love the skirt guard with the fender, I'm pulling them off.
- I'm really not feeling it without a guard
- I'm not into marrying either of the high end guards to make the guard and skirts blend well and I really don't think the ridges or the holes of the two guards are right for the skirts
- I really think it takes away from the Moon disc

I really like how clean the fenders look with the frame and the Moon discs here.

20160704_170957.jpg

And I also think the zep guard balances out the racktank well with this layout from an earlier pics

20160624_193349.jpg
20160624_193947.jpg
20160624_194006.jpg

Looks good to me, told you so a while back.

I think I agree I like the tripped duck fender & chain guard together & of course the moons . But what about the truss rods I hope to see them on there also [emoji1305]

I too like this last set, although...
I'd like to see the Zep guard with the silver fenders.
Even though I really like the triple duck.

Carl.

Those silver fenders are the triple ducktail fenders. I just haven't painted the smaller ducktail pieces yet.

I think I agree I like the tripped duck fender & chain guard together & of course the moons . But what about the truss rods I hope to see them on there also [emoji1305]

Will this bike have the 3 piece conversation crank ?

Sorry, the light trumped the truss rods.

I think I am gonna go with the Monark dogleg instead of the 3 piece "conversation"

I too like this last set, although...
I'd like to see the Zep guard with the silver fenders.
Even though I really like the triple duck.

Carl.
I'm going to have to agree with the guitar man!
I do LOVE the triple duck but it seems more suited for another build. The cool long curves of the silver fenders just seem to flow more with a racer look - In my opinion :)

I'm going to have to agree with the guitar man!
I do LOVE the triple duck but it seems more suited for another build. The cool long curves of the silver fenders just seem to flow more with a racer look - In my opinion :)

Those silver fenders are the triple ducktail fenders. I just haven't painted the smaller ducktail pieces yet. The earlier pics with the triple ducks didn't show the fenders in the best light because it was all black and kind of got lost with the tires.

Those silver fenders are the triple ducktail fenders. I just haven't painted the smaller ducktail pieces yet. The earlier pics with the triple ducks didn't show the fenders in the best light because it was all black and kind of got lost with the tires.
Well, it is a KILLER ride in all aspects... single duck , triple duck or quadzoople duck!

Sorry, the light trumped the truss rods.
Your new light design won't work with the truss rods? Love the truss rods, & suggest keeping them somehow. Lots of mockups KF:thumbsup:. When comparing the flowcycle & std SK frame, I realize how differently they carry the other parts. It really is interesting to see how you are moving through it. I do like the look of the rack-tank on the flowcycle frame better, and with the new SK frame, it seems that "something" tubular and long could be placed between the RackTank and the top tube that would fill the empty space a bit better? Keep going KF!

Back