(MBBO-IV, Class 1) Deutsch Muscle Fahrrad

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That badge is really cool! Looks like brass...? Autosol is a new one on me....
Autosol comes in a tube like tooth paste. Made in Germany. I got it off of EBay from Japan under $10 for 2 tubes.
BEFORE...
DSCN0969.jpg

AFTER
DSCN0971.jpg

At least one of the bolts fixing the crankarms to the bottom bracket points in the wrong direction...

Gesendet von meinem ARCHOS 40C TIv2 mit Tapatalk
Yep, got it fixed... figured it out real quick. Thanks!
DSCN1640.jpg

Nice mods to make that wide flame fit better. Agreeing with Chad, Those cranks and rung do look good in there.

Cool alloy block pedals as well. They almost look like horse shoes. :)

Building... riding...

Waiting on the BB set to show up set me back in progress about a week. Now that's all sorted out time to put the hammer down on this.
I switched out the 14t cog on the rear for a 13t, also a SA piece. I needed to push the rear wheel back and that helped fix that. Got the chain mounted and next I mounted the fender, after I cut it in half, mounted the chain guard and marked where I needed to trim everything. Got that done then fit every thing together.
I put a banana seat on it and was not liking that look. With the bobbed fender it just wanted a solo seat. Crash sold me this one a while back and since I did not use it on my MX project it just fit this project perfectly.
Still not done. There are some things I want to switch out mainly the neck. I need a longer one and want to see about a laid back seat post... odd size though 26mm. I probably could get a smaller one and just shim it.

DSCN1648.jpg

DSCN1649.jpg

DSCN1651.jpg
DSCN1652.jpg

DSCN1661.jpg

DSCN1662.jpg

DSCN1664.jpg

DSCN1665.jpg

DSCN1666.jpg

DSCN1667.jpg

DSCN1670.jpg

DSCN1669.jpg

DSCN1677_1.jpg

Last edited:
Glad that crank worked out, looks great! And those last shots showing the stripes on the seat...cool, adds to the muscle look nicely. That shot of the back end (7th pic in this post) is killer.

Awesome :113:

Are you making the Tail Drager fender ? I'm making one with a 26 inch bike But i'm having a hard time finding the fenders i need to use . Every one i seem to Find ( in the style i need ) is slightly different .

That pick of the grandson riding it across the parking lot is what it is all about....the fantasy of our youth brought to life! Well done:41:

That pick of the grandson riding it across the parking lot is what it is all about....the fantasy of our youth brought to life! Well done:41:
YEAH! It's pretty cool that the parking lot and huge baseball and soccer field just a step off of my back yard. Faith Baptist Church in Fairless Hills, PA aka., Chicken Foot Park.

Latest posts

Back