(MBBO-IV, Class 1) Deutsch Muscle Fahrrad

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well why not add another to the mix. I posted this bike in Bike ID and Valuation thread and didn't get much info on it. So, now I'm gonna have 2 German bikes in the build off The girls bike is UNAUTHORIZED CINNAMON and the boys is Deutsch Muscle Fahrrad. Translates to German Muscle Bicycle. I picked this bike up from the guy that came and did camera installs in my trucks at work. He had to come back and finish one truck and he mentioned he had an old kids bike in his basement he didn't want. So I have it now. I gave it a bath today and got to thinking of what to do with it. This is how that went...
20151002_123920.jpg

20151002_123818.jpg

20151002_124106.jpeg
20151002_123650.jpeg

20151002_123613.jpeg

20151002_123826.jpeg
20151002_123835.jpeg

DSCN1474.jpg

DSCN1481.jpg

DSCN1480.jpg

DSCN1479.jpg

Last edited:
Looks better already ! Cool frame & the new fork & wheels top it off [emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tight squeeze with the rear tire! I like it.
Wow! Way to flex das muscle! 20" wheels? What tire do you have in the rear...fattttt!

That is a 20X3.00 Kenda Flame. It measures 2-11/16" wide and yes it is tight. I'm gonna have to do what you did Jim to get extra clearance on the chain stay and heat the inside up and crimp it in a little bit with that special vise-grip tool. Plenty of room up top though.
I want to push that front wheel out a little bit and thought about making some drop out extensions for the front forks... Working that out in my head before I put it on paper.

Last edited:
Cool bike,never heard of it but it looks familiar.
Kenda flame a little popular this build,I'm planning on using one on mine as well.

When I was at the hardware store today picking up some washers I saw these 7-1/2" hinges... I got to thinking about those drop out extensions for the forks. This might work! Pushes the wheel out 3". The 5/16" holes only need to be drilled out to 3/8".
DSCN1482.jpg

That's cool lookin'! The old frame with the springer fork reminds me of "Blackjack". (Click the link in my sig)

I can't wait to see where you take this!
Hey! That's cool, Crash. Yeah, very similar look to the frame. I know absolutely nothing about this bike from the brief search I tried. Blackjack is a cool looking build.:thumbsup:

That is turning into an awesome pig bike!
Those tires would make Hans and Frans proud!

giphy.gif

really cool, I love the springer fork it fits the bike :thumbsup:

And the bike takes the stand. I want to go to a 36 or 40t chain ring but I don't know what to get that will fit this. This is my 2d multiple piece crank set up and the other was not getting changed out. Apparently the sprocket is pressed on to the right side crank arm. I don't know enough about these to blindly buy a set. Every thing in the BB looks good though. Just a clean and re-grease. That 32t chain ring has got to go though. I have enough room to go 36-40.
Oh, YEAH! Wide apes on this look good to me!
DSCN1502.jpg

DSCN1503.jpg

DSCN1504.jpg

Wide apes look awesome!
That is an odd looking cotter pin set up, different to any I have seen before...

I have ground the old chainring off three piece set up's and welded a BMX chainwheel in place before, not sure if that would be an option with this one or not?

Luke.

looking like a little gaser , can you change out the BB cups for a new style so you can put the chain ring you want ?
Yeah, kinda what I was talking about dreading to do. I want to insure I get a set hat fits some of these sellers don't have measurements at all... waiting on an answer back on those specific questions...

Latest posts

Back