(MBBO-IV, Class 1) Deutsch Muscle Fahrrad

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I had to settle for the 36t chain ring I thought I was going to be stuck using the 16t rear cog on the hub. I thought I had a 14t and I found it. A nice Sturmey Archer one I had in my parts bin.:D I didn't want that 1st gear feeling when pedaling.
DSCN1567.jpg

Some frame bending technology going on here. Cheap $5.00 vise grips, a piece of handle bar steel and a bit adaptor. I used JB Weld to put it all together but that proved useless... it could not withstand the pressure or the heat. So, had to place it in position squeeze it until it locked then added the heat to it. The pressure made it sink in. Now the tire spins without rubbing.
DSCN1583.jpg

DSCN1602.jpg

DSCN1603.jpg

DSCN1604.jpg

cae1148e-7b33-4ed9-8220-6057ab3e373b.jpg

DSCN1607.jpg

DSCN1606.jpg

Looking good I like that touch trick . I should have done that, that 3" flame is a tight fit for sure !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That slow boat from China show up yet?:wink1:

That slow boat from China show up yet?:wink1:
Funny you should mention that. The crank arms and sprocket arrived last Monday... the shaft has been sitting in customs since 24 Oct. I just filed a complaint to USPS.:mad:

Working on cleaning up the head badge. Autosol polish is doing a great job on it. buffing wheel on the Dremel will be next. Thinking about repainting some of it.
DSCN1634.jpg

That badge is really cool! Looks like brass...? Autosol is a new one on me....

Badge looks great, whole bike is really coming together. Glad to hear your parts are out of customs on on their way, had a steering wheel for a project car sitting there for like 3 months before it finally got released.

Latest posts

Back