"Fixing" Up the Dynasty-New car possible?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty Parts Car Again?

Supposed to go pickup the car tomorrow morning/afternoon/night. I have to work, so nothing is for sure. He just wont let me pick it up wednesday?!

Sweet Vid Partsguy

Never saw that one, Saw the '88 where its tearing around corners.

But-
Good news:

Fixed my bumper creatively.
f7b663f0.jpg

And bought another Dynasty. REAL nice. The body isnt, thats for sure. New headlights, Struts, Brakes, Shocks etc. Etc.
I do not like the steering wheel, much better than what I had, but it is not wrapped leather Like i wished.
caffa9fc.jpg

cdfc4ea5.jpg

c1e73bb3.jpg

062c6d53.jpg

Bought this on ebay too:
f7b24176.jpg

Drill a small hole at the end of that crack or it will continue to grow.

Wow. This car is amazing, And gross.
382e7250.jpg

They meet.

I got a little more details, I apologize...The pictures are a little gross.
9bee075a.jpg

There is at least $20 worth of change. It is EVERYWHERE.

8cb39297.jpg

Kind of worried at the fact they needed 4 Air Freshners to smellify the car nicely. Nice mix of coconut and vanilla

0f7e12de.jpg

Found some useful stuff in there. Pretty awesome. Gave this and a pair of glasses to my girlfriend.

361b7153.jpg

Hair. Hair Everywhere.

748f9972.jpg

thats like 100% Dog hair.

50145417.jpg

Knick knacks found in the trunk alone.

0f4cbc71.jpg

Something i'm insanely excited about, An original spare-With the double whites

bd4523c2.jpg

Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty-Parts car is a winner

I recently spoke with several car guys-old muscle car guys, all agree Lee was ona roll back in the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eZtSnwtYbQ

You Dynasty's brother, the Reliant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_UTDHW ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puqtHFBJkDk&NR=1

I salute the K-Cars and their relative's for saving Chrysler in the 80s and I continue to see more of them than any other car of this era. I see Shadows, Le Barons, Sundances, Reliants, Dynastys, Aires, and more every day. At least the ones that ahven't been hit by Ohio's salty winter roads.

Holy twins Batman! :shock: I've been looking for a parts twin to my 95 Aerostar, mainly for interior stuff. But they all seem to break and wear in the same places. -Adam

looked under the car yesterday and found this.
039aa8bb.jpg

Hard to see, but look at when I removed the tire.

8168b29b.jpg

Good thing I cought it

and also:

Parts car rear end parts and pieces
c9fef492.jpg

My car-Note the worn holes in the struts
82f5e89c.jpg

Oh, and the collapsed spring.

Rustinkerer said:
Holy twins Batman! :shock: I've been looking for a parts twin to my 95 Aerostar, mainly for interior stuff. But they all seem to break and wear in the same places. -Adam

reminds me of a nice Astro I saw the other day. Not a fan of Chevy/GMC but, very nice.
0b7fc4f7.jpg

"Kind of worried at the fact they needed 4 Air Freshners to smellify the car nicely. Nice mix of coconut and vanilla"

Was that Casey Anthonys car?

Hey Fly...Ya wanna cool steering wheel?

http://www.grantproducts.com/

I've had MANY of thier styles of steering wheels on many cars over the years (Highly recomended by me)

None of them were not that all expencive.

MagicRat said:
Hey Fly...Ya wanna cool steering wheel?

http://www.grantproducts.com/

I've had MANY of thier styles of steering wheels on many cars over the years (Highly recomended by me)

None of them were not that all expencive.

Those are all such awesome wheels. None look similar to the original. They dont have anything boxy enough. :lol:

Anywho....Heres some pictures of where progress is going:
Basically just ripping apart the parts car. Really was getting grossed out by the nastiness. Its not like...Dirty trash, its mainly dog hair.

Tore out the front seat, Greeted by a pile of gum wrappers, and some french fries.
005681ce.jpg

Backseat went too,
63d9b4ad.jpg

7ce13823.jpg

Found an un-holy amount of pens, some CDs a ton of tickets for parking, wrappers, cigarette boxes and a UofM sticker.
Oh, And 5 Dogs worth of hair.

ce3de26d.jpg

Its caked on.

b86f711d.jpg

This doesnt work

8bab4980.jpg

Also found $15 worth of change under the 2 seats. Still need to get the drivers seat out, or loose. Sold the CD player from it for $15. Not bad considering its not much newer than the car was. Next step is to get the last seat out, rip out the carpet. I'm going to save most of the rubber and insulation, to deaden more noise in the final product. the carpet is dead. So is the battery, so that is extremely annoying.

5 dogs worth of hair :mrgreen: , you crack me up dingo! i've used grant steering wheels before, i recomend them too. does that thing have an airbag? that can mess you up there. they used to make a cover for ford truck wheels with cruise built in, i was thinking they were square but maybe im wrong. again.

K-Cars don't die easily..but do have a couple of these at the yard I go to. Need me keep an eye out for anything? (you may not want to request sheet metal, but you might get lucky).

A Dodge Dynasty is not a K-car.^

A K-car was a Dodge Aries and a Plymouth Reliant back in the '80's.

partsguy said:
K-Cars don't die easily..but do have a couple of these at the yard I go to. Need me keep an eye out for anything? (you may not want to request sheet metal, but you might get lucky).
The one thing that we need that this car apparently doesnt have, is a core support. Yeah, it has one, but the one in mine is warped, and the one in the parts car is apparently hard to get out straight. Theres some options that were on these cars, That will be pretty hard for me to get. Not that I would put one in, but a sunroof.

MagicRat said:
A Dodge Dynasty is not a K-car.^

A K-car was a Dodge Aries and a Plymouth Reliant back in the '80's.

They were named "C Platform" but were based off of the K-Car.

Was'nt the PT Cruiser based off a K-car too?

MagicRat said:
Was'nt the PT Cruiser based off a K-car too?
PT Cruiser was based on a Neon......I think. :lol:

Back