"Fixing" Up the Dynasty-New car possible?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Since the Dynasty is still running...and I have had some crazy ideas of being the 1st to restore a 90s Old person automobile, Me and my dad are prepping the car for winter. We have plans to repaint it later. Me and him are sealing up the holes right now, Hes upset because he has no time to fill the holes right(cutting sheet metal and whatnot...hes into auto body) we are just filling it with "Fiberglass and bondo". The main reason im doing this is i noticed a piece of metal hanging from the car, underneath...we found a huge hole in the floor board. I knew it was happening already, but the trunk slowly filled with dirt from the holes in the quarter panel...

If my grandpa saw how the car is right now...he would be pretty upset...thank my cousin for the damage...haha!

I have only taken a couple pictures.

Quarters Before.
ee0a2138.jpg

Doors before-Surface rust on the door-theres a hole at the well...we didnt cover that yet...that will probably be fixed when we actually paint it.
416e2225.jpg

Hydraulics!
Hah... :roll:
Note the driverside quarter-small hole
44ecfc7a.jpg

The rockers are pretty bad on the passenger side...Actually...The passenger side is the worst. The hole in the floor board goes up into the well, and the rocker is bad out back, the hole on the well...the doors...which are already almost taken care of.

If my photobucket on my phone keeps giving me problems...Ill have pictures later.

Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty.

KEEP GOING! Best to restore it now before parts get expensive in 15 or so years.

True true. Stuff is pretty pricey as it is. $90 per hubcap without the center cap. I got my set cheap.

All I really need is stuff they manufacture still.

Headliner
Carpet

I could recover the seat.

I really need a new steering column the ignition is broken. The odometer and speedometer need to be Cali rated-odometer fixed. My dad broke it. Haha. The shift indicator cable broke too. Thanks dad.

TheFlyingDingo said:
I need Headliner, Carpet, I could recover the seat, I really need a new steering column the ignition is broken. The odometer and speedometer need to be Cali rated-odometer fixed. My dad broke it. Haha. The shift indicator cable broke too. Thanks dad.

sound like a typical 90's Chrysler....lol. But it's good to see you are taking the time to fix it before it gets worse.

definitely want to fix that stuff before you paint :mrgreen: sounds typical of any car really. out here in the midwest, we call that cancer. love seein how much you love your car Dingo !!! I don't think Ive treated any of my vehicles as nice as you've been to the Dynasty.

I had a buddy in high school that bought a Chevy Citation. That thing was awesome !!! We thought it was funny that you could hear the gas sloshing around in the gas tank when you drove around. It sounded like it was in the backseat. Then we discovered the drain plugs in the driver rear door had been stopped up with debris (rust/leaves/disintegrated pieces of belt moulding) we probably drained 3 or 4 gallons of water out by clearing the plugs :lol:

Oh yeah, I could go on and on about rust stories. I had a Toyota king cab that was so rusted the entire bedside came off coming home from work one night, I kept driving.....well next morning I get woke up by a cop at my door saying I need to go pick up my junk on the side of the road, I played dumb and asked him how they knew it was mine. He said your bumper and plate were still attached to it... :oops:

Truck ran great though. :mrgreen:

CCR said:
definitely want to fix that stuff before you paint :mrgreen: sounds typical of any car really. out here in the midwest, we call that cancer. love seein how much you love your car Dingo !!! I don't think Ive treated any of my vehicles as nice as you've been to the Dynasty.

I had a buddy in high school that bought a Chevy Citation. That thing was awesome !!! We thought it was funny that you could hear the gas sloshing around in the gas tank when you drove around. It sounded like it was in the backseat. Then we discovered the drain plugs in the driver rear door had been stopped up with debris (rust/leaves/disintegrated pieces of belt moulding) we probably drained 3 or 4 gallons of water out by clearing the plugs :lol:
Thats awesome...haha.

Reminds me of my friends car when he got it. He got it with the back window knocked out and the plastic covering the hole all covered in holes. 1989 Mustang. 200,000 something miles on it. 4 cylinder. He paid $900 for it. he was nuts.

I was looking at the car for him because he was complaining about a strange smell, i look in the back seat which was covered in mold...I go in the back and notice the stained spare tire cover. I rip it up, the foam is at least 20 pounds heavier loaded with water.
I move the foam,
about a good 4 gallons of water in the spare tire compartment.

I remember when I was little(er) my grandpa would yell at me to stay away from the car when it was in the garage. Then my cousin got it and it went to heck. I Brought her back...haha

Rust country!! Dingo, you should take your summer vacation down south, and find a rust free version for cheap! :mrgreen: I've seen posts on the A body forum of northern salvage yards, and tales of trying to find parts, and keeping their cars from falling apart!! Down here, the only real rust you'll see is on 70s or older pickup trucks, and most are still on their original front fenders! :lol: -Adam

I thought i already took pictures of what was fixed, But i didnt!

Ill take some pictures Thursday.

Heres some points I need to take care of inside. The car is filthy, I have not had a chance to clean it in a long time...I never let it get this dirty usually.
IMG_2441.jpg

The seat is torn, Im assuming just from wear and tear, but my cousin...She Wore studded belts and whatnot, so im sure she didnt help anything.
IMG_2443.jpg

The steering wheel wasnt this bad when i got it, but my cousin had a nervous habit or something, and picked at the soft spots. Apparent on the top(it started as a hole, and i wore it down to split it.), The Spokes, and near the horns. Me and my dad figured this was true, when he let her borrow my dads car, and the scratches on the cruise control were ALOT bigger than before :roll:
I Still love you samantha...dont worry
IMG_2445.jpg

I got tired of my friends complaining about the headliner sagging, and re-pinning it every other week. Until i find the replacement cloth, i need to remove the remnants of the glue.

Food has since been outlawed, when i noticed the cheese stains, and little spots everywhere
IMG_2447.jpg

Theres also a list of things my cousin didnt break, but my dad did...Ill probably make a video rant on that one.

a6784a88.jpg

This is terrible.

My dad broke my odometer, The oil pressure sending unit isnt working, the speedometer is out of calibration, Im in park and doing 40...

I have been having some bearing problems with the car, and removed the caps and everything, and decided to keep them off for a while. Tomorrow, Weather permitting...I am going to re-paint the wheels black, and see how good they turn out.

If i'm not too crazy, I was going to order some 14" Trim rings and chrome lug nuts to throw on the car. I bet it would turn out pretty darn good.

Give it a little bit of the rat rod look for something different, and not permanent at all!

But, Good news is the car is still running strong, and my dad is still firm on the "restoration"

He keeps demanding I order interior pieces rather than exterior...why not have some fun?

Poor Jennifer :cry: That's funny how you do 40mph in park :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your cruisin'... pretty soon you'll be all done :mrgreen:

TheFlyingDingo said:
Its freezing, But...Replaced the outer bearing in the right rear wheel, Now i need to do the inner bearing. Its stil a little noisy.

Woo!

Latest posts

Back