"Fixing" Up the Dynasty-New car possible?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty-Parts car is a winner

MagicRat said:
Was'nt the PT Cruiser based off a K-car too?

Couldn't be. They quit making K's in the 90s-the last k-based platform cars were the Shadows, Sundances. and LeBarons. They were dicontinued in 1994.

Then the LH came in. We got cars like the Stratus, Cirrus, and the short-lived Breeze.

partsguy said:
MagicRat said:
Was'nt the PT Cruiser based off a K-car too?

Couldn't be. They quit making K's in the 90s-the last k-based platform cars were the Shadows, Sundances. and LeBarons. They were dicontinued in 1994.

Then the LH came in. We got cars like the Stratus, Cirrus, and the short-lived Breeze.
Yes sir, The intrepid(right?) Replaced the dynasty in 1994.
'93 was the last year for a Dynasty.

I know little about the Intrepid and it's Chrysler brother (LHS? Sebring?) So I can't say. I just know the LH replaced the K.

Whadaya wanna do...jump off cliffs with it?

MagicRat said:
Whadaya wanna do...jump off cliffs with it?

Maybe the General Lee has a cousin up North?

Make sure you put the Rebel flag on the roof...proudly.

MagicRat said:
Make sure you put the Rebel flag on the roof...proudly.

If it's a cousin from the North...shouldn't it have the US flag?

Its your car...do whatcha want.

(yer second link dint wuk)

TheFlyingDingo said:
Too many letters.

I thought about reinforcing the frame(or lack) just for extra rigidity...What would I use to do that?

I wouldn't do that to an otherwise stock shell type car. You'll just be transferring greater shock loads to the suspension components and their mounting points, and possibly other unreinforced areas of the body. :|

You may want to go here and ask the Mopar pros:

http://www.dodgeforum.com

deorman said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
Too many letters.

I thought about reinforcing the frame(or lack) just for extra rigidity...What would I use to do that?

I wouldn't do that to an otherwise stock shell type car. You'll just be transferring greater shock loads to the suspension components and their mounting points, and possibly other unreinforced areas of the body. :|
Thanks!

I honestly dont know, I wasnt going to go do jumping, Just thought it might have been a good idea, because there basically is no frame on these things.

billions of dollars have been spent to design your car that way for crash safety. the problem is, to appreciate the design, you gotta crash first! personally, i think the money should be spent on driver education instead, if everyone knew how to drive properly, crashes would be far less. like d-man said, if you make one area stronger, it shifts the forces to another area. however, in the spirit of the general lee(as was discussed earlier in this thread),a black pushbar on the front would be cool.

Latest posts

Back