"Fixing" Up the Dynasty-New car possible?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty.

Dunno If i said this so far...

But...News today:

The car was making not-normal noises, And smelled of burning. The temperature didnt go up, and the sound went away fairly quick.

The passenger side rear spring is collapsing, Mostly because the springs were too short to begin with...I'm having deja VU, So i'm sure i've said this. I'm going to a dodge dealer to see if they have shocks for me, Since im not going to put some Gabriel Hi-Jackers on it...Thats lame. I may have to if when I test the pump, it doesnt work.

When I take the rear end back apart, Everything Is going to get painted, And while its apart, I'm going to paint the rust with rust-stop until the car is going apart again.

Heres some parts I'm getting:

Springs-Correct size of course...

Around $70 for a pair at AUTO ZONE-So I dunno if I can save from ebay or anything.

The Inner bearing for the passenger rear is going to be replaced, Which I already have...that was $25 for the bearing/grease seal

Bushings for the sway bar, Might replace the sway bar...Or drill some big ol' holes in it. Give it a sportier look.

Later on, The front schocks/struts are going to be replaced.

Even longer-The seats, Headliner, Carpet, Steering column...

Edit-

Bonus-The horn went dead. Thanks.

Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty.

Oh boy. This is annoying...Haha

Well, Finally getting annoyed with this alarm thing. Every time I lock and set it, It usually doesnt want to un-lock with out alarm. I assume its something to do with the theft from way back when. Looking into that, Another member on here knows what to do. The rattling speakers were annoying me-Well, I thought the speakers were rattling, they werent, it was the molding pieces and loose other pieces, So I'm going to figure out a way to put on some kind of molding where plastic meets plastic, and glue down pieces once and for all.

5af58d33.jpg

The speaker grill covering this speaker always rattled, Even with the old speakers, and just going down bumpy roads. I figure a small line of rubber or foam will fix that. The real fake wood is coming off, The super glue didnt do the job. I'm going to use more of an Epoxy than a glue...Something thats blue, i forget what its known as. Took the grill off and found out my cheap aftermarket speakers are already ripped. Not even a year old. I'm going with Alpine when i get spare cash.

Back outside,
834e252d.jpg

My fiend broke this, this will be impossible to fix...

3c6c4bcc.jpg

Little more rust.

The Semi-collapsed spring
8f5c6d9d.jpg

Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty.-The Basics

Sometimes you can get stuff like that lock cover NOS for quite a few decades. Not to mention how many auto recyclers have piles of '80's Mopars to strip. :p

deorman said:
Sometimes you can get stuff like that lock cover NOS for quite a few decades. Not to mention how many auto recyclers have piles of '80's Mopars to strip. :p

Its hard to find them in the right color, They're always perfect in the colors I dont want.

Funny...
I went to the Dodge dealer today, to check if they had air struts that i needed...They Basically just discontinued them. It was about a year ago.

I used velcro on my Pops' Dy-nasty trunk lock cover to keep it closed.

Just may have found a parts car. Complete, With a bad transmission. The guy cant tell me if it is gold or not, he keeps saying very very light brown, which they never came in brown, So i'm sure its gold.

He said good interior, Smoke free...Yet to receive pictures, and a little more information.

But, Hey...$500(Obo) Is a screaming deal.
Escpecially if it just needs a transmission.

"If you don't have pics, it probably didn't happen" :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When my father passed away in '93, I 'inherited' his Black 1991 Black Dynasty/New Yorker. It was a turbo 4 banger, ran great until the turbo gave up the ghost.... :roll:

Smooth ride, if I remeber correctly. Kinda like steering a couch, but with oversteer. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Those new yorkers are great. Extended up front and back. If i'm not mistaken the wheel base was the same though. Theres a few details I like more than the dynastys...But the Dynasty has a face only a mother could love. You gotta love the imperials and new yorkers.

Hey Dingo, you shoulda seen the Dynasty I seen today :shock: All hot-rodded up like a muscle car :eek: It was cool, sounded mean too :mrgreen: No pics because it was driving by :|Wish I could of :cry:

TheFlyingDingo said:
No doubt, that would have been kind of funny.
It was definetly "different" for sure :lol:

Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty.-Parts Car Pictures

Finally got some pictures. The interior pieces are perfect, Only a couple things are wrong. Dont mind that.

d9559c80.jpg

afce9e08.jpg

5fe8b319.jpg

The seats look perfect, The steering wheel is wrapped, He is checking today to see if it is in good shape. Thats probably the most important piece to me right now...
Of course, It looks rust free, but it has all of the same rust.

Some Semi-Bad news. The car was in fact smoked in. I'm going to be letting it sit with a bunch of chemicals so the smoke smell is removed.

Should be no problem removing it from plastic pieces I need, and obviously not a problem for suspension/chassis things I need.

Looks like a real good parts car :wink:

Back