a new US

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3/12 Scale says... 241-242 Cant really tell since all I have is the old analog type.

Didnt lose 5 pounds this week... Its been rainy and cold so I havent been able to ride the bike :cry:

Weather is supposed to be better next week :)

277! down 5 from last week and was only able to go to the gym once this week with my bad back! 37lbs total since Jan! somebody who hadnt seem me in a couple months and didnt know I was trying to loose weight came up to me yesterday and said "ummmm what happened to your belly?" hahaha

Forgot to weigh in last week, oops. 195 today, been bad lately about Reese's eggs. Would like to be 190 April 1st.

3/19 scale says... 238 :| Not happy with the results, I changed up my diet to try to speed up the weight loss, Banana for breakfast, another for lunch, and a 250 calorie dinner, yep Im starvin!

I was only able to make one bike ride all week :roll:

Almost forgot to check in again. 196. Been riding a bunch, walking the dog, but can't lose any weight. Most of my pants are too big for me now, maybe I'm getting muscle somewhere. If I am I surely haven't noticed. :?

204 at the dr's office the other day. So not much change, but the nurse said i didn't look that big, so that's something.

After watching "the biggest loser" last night on tv and they had a competiton where they rode a stationary bike for 26.2 miles I figured I would give it a go tonite. WOW! I lasted 15 miles and had a puddle of sweat under me and my legs are pretty sore! I am signed up for a 5k walk/run next week so this will be interesting lol

March 25......252lbs....NO change in two weeks! Must be that "plateau" thingy. :roll: . Went for a physical last week. Gotta get more excersise.I retired in Oct from a very physical job, that's what kept my diabetes in check for the last ten years....Numbers are a lttle elevated now. :x

Kota... yeah I think Im goin thru the plateau too. Im limiting myself to 1000 calories or less a day, and while im still losing, its not much, maybe 2 or 3 pounds a week. At first I was losing 5 pounds a week pretty easy, now it seems to be a struggle, but I am sticking to my guns. Today I had a banana for breakfast, two cups of coffee for lunch, and some chips and salsa for dinner. :roll:

Other than the coffee, I only drink water now.... and an occasional beer. Feeling better all the time except for the starving part :lol:

Ratfink1962 said:
Kota... yeah I think Im goin thru the plateau too. Im limiting myself to 1000 calories or less a day, and while im still losing, its not much, maybe 2 or 3 pounds a week. At first I was losing 5 pounds a week pretty easy, now it seems to be a struggle, but I am sticking to my guns. Today I had a banana for breakfast, two cups of coffee for lunch, and some chips and salsa for dinner. :roll:

Other than the coffee, I only drink water now.... and an occasional beer. Feeling better all the time except for the starving part :lol:

I am by no means an expert, but... If you restrict calories too much or skip meals your body goes into survival mode and slows down the metabolism because it thinks you are starving. I had a friend who did the gastric bypass surgery, she was always being told by Doctors not to skip meals. Try eating protein in the morning. have a small healthy snack at 10:00 eat part of your lunch at noon eat more of it at 3:00 and eat a reasonable dinner. We as americans are used to over eating, try for a week just to eat to be satisfied, never full. One more piece of advice try to eat as little processed food as possible.

Ken Nighplay said:
I am by no means an expert, but... If you restrict calories too much or skip meals your body goes into survival mode and slows down the metabolism because it thinks you are starving. I had a friend who did the gastric bypass surgery, she was always being told by Doctors not to skip meals. Try eating protein in the morning. have a small healthy snack at 10:00 eat part of your lunch at noon eat more of it at 3:00 and eat a reasonable dinner. We as americans are used to over eating, try for a week just to eat to be satisfied, never full. One more piece of advice try to eat as little processed food as possible.

Great advise. It's nearly exactly what I am doing.

Back