a new US

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use this thread to keep progress of any weight you loose. It might be easier to do it as a group. Just be honest. Try to check in weekly.......Skinny guys, feel free to leave comments.

Today is Tuesday Feb. 16..........Starting weight 263lbs.

I was 225 and decided to get serious about losing weight. The one thing that had the most calories and was the easist to put down was beer. About 2000 calories a month, and I got more active, riding one of my bikes everyday if I could. That was in August. I got down to 200 and celebrated by allowing beer in the house again. Then 2 or 3 family get togethers and bad weather which kept me sitting around for a couple months and I'm back up to 215. My doctor says 180 would be very good for me, I'm 5'9" so that's what I'm shooting for.

So I'm 215 right now.

i will take some of that gut. food just does not stick to me for some reason

Hooch said:
We should call it the rat rod bikes gut off! Lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: OR "The biggest CRUISER"

Okay the MOST I've ever weighed was 325lbs........I look GOOD at 210, :roll: SOOOO, I'm going for 210. :mrgreen:

Im a fat guy, 6' even and at the peak I was tipping the scales at a little more than 270.

Since new years the wife and I have been trying to just watch what we eat, not really a diet so to speak, we have tried many different diets and none of them worked for us. I think its working but I havent weighed myself yet, Im starting to feel a little better already. Getting up and down stairs im less winded, have more energy, etc.

When I was a freshman in high school I weighed 250, Ive always been on the big side, but after I got out of high school, I went on my own version of a starvation diet, and went from 250 to 165 in three months, Amazingly I didnt feel bad at all. I would not recommend anyone try that since it is pretty stupid.

It worked for me, but I dont think I will try that again.

When it warms up a little I plan on doing some nightly bike rides and or walking to help get me off my butt and moving. I do walk a bunch at work and Ive always wanted to know just how much... well I got me a pedometer and wore it for the first time today, and it said I took 9425 steps which is 4.45 miles. Not bad... I knew I walked quite a bit, now I know.

Next time I weigh in I will post it.

karfer67 said:

I am the same way. I'm 5' 11" and I've been between 140 and 150 for 15 years now. I've tried beer, ice cream, cooking EVERYTHING in butter, but nothing works. Just stuck here, I guess. I wouldn't mind an extra 20 or 25 pounds. :D

udallcustombikes said:
karfer67 said:

I am the same way. I'm 5' 11" and I've been between 140 and 150 for 15 years now. I've tried beer, ice cream, cooking EVERYTHING in butter, but nothing works. Just stuck here, I guess. I wouldn't mind an extra 20 or 25 pounds. :D

You want some on mine? I have plenty to spare :lol:

When I graduated high school I was 6'5 145lbs I slowly crept up to 175 and at that weight I hurt my back at work and the Dr told me to gain weight and well he moved away and I have been looking for him for 25 years to see when I am supposed to stop! Lol. I have been right around 300 for 10 years now and I would eat huge plates of food and eat seconds and still snack. I gave up soda years ago so that isn't an issue its just food and lack of excersize. But now that has changed. I hated seeing pictures of me. I seemed to eat til I made myself feel worse. Jan 14th I started this journey at 314lbs and today I am 285. I ate 1700 calories of great tasting food and did 2 hours of workout. I used to labor climbing the stairs to the bedroom and now I fly up them 2 stairs at a time! Am I hungry? Yep sometimes. Do I hurt? Yep sometimes. Do I feel better? TOTALLY! Do I have a goal? Nope. I will weight 214 :).

I dont have a goal either, Ive tried that before and its kind of a bummer when you miss the goal so you just eventually give in. Im trying to eat 1500 calories a day or less, so far its working, No doubt about it I just need to get more exercise.

I tried the low carb thing... it was working too, but I felt like carp... plus it made me feel like I was always agitated and tended to fly off the handle over little things. Hard to take when your normally very laid back.

Whatever you do dont freak out if you hit the dreaded plateau... just keep doing the right thing and it will come to pass.

While I don't have to ride the diet roller coaster myself, my wife seems like she is always in line (could be the butter I use :lol: ) But I help her with what ever diet she is on. I have counted points, calories, carbs, and any other diet she finds that she thinks might work. While I am not in your shoes, I do know your struggle and wish all of you the best.

Is today Fat Tuesday?

I'd like to be about 25 pounds lighter. A while back I participated in the first KrusherZ Weight Loss challenge over at FBN.
I didn't really change anything for it though. My thought was that climbing the stairs (which I normally don't do) to where the scales are would cause weight loss. Didn't work so well :lol: Here's my first weigh in...

I think I was 2 pounds lighter at the final weigh in after almost 6 months. Still trying. Weight loss always on my mind. My knees & back hurt. My job has been tough on both and the extra weight doesn't help.

For the record I think I'm at about 190 now.

I knew I was 250# last time I checked, just weighed in to make it official at 272# :!: :!: :!:

Felt my best around 200 so thats what I'm shooting for. My biggest addiction .... SODA, I drink a ton of it, that and driving all day for work means sitting on my rear, i think its safe to say Ive probably had pizza from every Casey's gas station in Southern Illinois.

I like the "Biggest Cruiser" title KOTA :lol:

I'll join in :) I'm in the same boat as Wildcat, trying to get back down to 180. I'm 5'9" and at the end of last year I was weighing in at 212-214. Stopped drinking any kind of soda, been keeping my diet low sodium, 50 crunches/50 pushups/ 1 mile on the treadmill everyday, and right now I'm at 199lbs. My only opinion for everyone is stay away from those chemical infused tv dinners and "healthy" microwave lunches, they are the worst thing for you. Eat some bread, eat steak, drink some whole milk, it's good for you :wink:

Great Idea KOTA!! (you "looked good"?? :p )

As of this morning I am 292 lbs. Plan is to eat less and nothing in between and I'll remove a bunch of carbs since that worked so well last time. I will also get some more movement. walks when the weather is good enough, regular rides once it warms up. When weather is poor, I have a nice recumbent stationary bike that wife uses so I'll hop on that too. I'll post my exercise schedule at some point also. I may decide to throw in some swimming. I miss that.

Hooch you say you have no goal but then you say you want to be 214 lb. That should be your goal, my friend. :wink:

Oh, my goal - 225 lbs. I was 175 and 6'2" when I left high school. I was a dam fine swimmer. Went to college and began lifting and swimming more (Division 1 so had to work even harder) grew another few inches and got up to 225 lbs. I was 19. that was 26 years ago. Right now I don't quite believe I can get to 225. But I do KNOW I can get to 240, so until then I will not worry about how hard that last 15 lbs will be.

inspirational quote:

Energy and persistence conquer all things.
- Ben Franklin
8)

I guess I will jump in on this as well . I am 6' 0" and as of this morning the scale reads 282. A couple of years ago I was able to get down to around 240#. I work nites which isnt helpful for healthy eating ,Jack in the Box looks mighty good at 2am. I also went through a very devastating life event earlier this year which kinda put me in a depressed way.Things are looking up though. I just hired on with a local school district to work days,and i will still work nights for awhile at the job Ive had for 15 years.No time to eat !!!! My Doctor wants me down to 220 because of blood pressure issues and borderline blood sugar issues.Here is a pic I was going to post on the progress of my Burrito bike but seen just how fat I have become so it never went up,lol.
IMG_0274.jpg

just had a big honking "Everything Bar" from the deli. graham cracker/butter/brown sugar base with coconut, choc chips, butter scotch chips and sliced almonds.

I feel guilty, but boy was it good. riding the stationary bike tonight.

thatismytruck said:
just had a big honking "Everything Bar" from the deli. graham cracker/butter/brown sugar base with coconut, choc chips, butter scotch chips and sliced almonds.

I feel guilty, but boy was it good. riding the stationary bike tonight.
I had eight Atkins' chocolate protein drinks, so far. Who knew they'd be so GOOD!

Haven't had those ..... I won't get any of they taste good. :wink:

I was good today!! so far. No breakfast, but I packed a larger portion for lunch. Left over roast beef and some roasted broccoli. Had some at 10 and finished it just now.

Should we have a weigh in day?

Back