1st Bike Build (HeartBreaker)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics added:

Well I think that is about it, other than a few adjustments here and there. Not sure Im liking the 46t 19t gearing but Ill find out soon enough.

You should have called me to go ride, we were down at the park for a while today. You gonna put the chainguard on or leave it off?

Thanks everyone. Its fun. I cant wait to find another project

I can't believe I didn't see this build before. It looks unreal! great job

It looks like it should have velvet ropes around it to keep people from touching it.

Is the disc brake hydraulic? Looks sweet but your cable or line kinda scares me.

necessaryevil said:
Is the disc brake hydraulic? Looks sweet but your cable or line kinda scares me.

Yeah its hydraulic. The cable scares me as well lol. I tried to find longer ones but its a standard rear brake cable (160 or 165mm) Its fine on a MTB where the disc mounts are located on the seat stays, vs. my app. where it has to go all the way down below the drop out. If I would have spent more money to have tabs welded on it would be better. my someone local can help me out in that dept.

But reguardless...it works and its not like Im gonna ride it daily or go bombing down a hill like im on the Mountain Dew Extreme team and do a big mile long skid at the bottom lol

Not that it wouldnt be fun

wow, that bike came out sweet. bright and beautiful and a great mix of new and old.

Great looking bike.
It would be cool to have a brakepipe(line) inserted into the hose where it follows the frame. Then use Schwinn cable clamps to hold it down.
Someplace that makes hydralic hoses can do it or knows someone who can.

JoKeR63 said:
Great looking bike.
It would be cool to have a brakepipe(line) inserted into the hose where it follows the frame. Then use Schwinn cable clamps to hold it down.
Someplace that makes hydralic hoses can do it or knows someone who can.

Im not sure I follow. Do you have any pics of anything similar?

Thanks again everyone for the compliments

Back