1st Bike Build (HeartBreaker)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on a name yet, but im thinking something like "HeartBreaker" Lol

Its a '58 Schwinn straight bar frame I don't know anything else about it as far as what model it is.

I had the Frame & Rims chemical dipped and powdercoated Baron Red

IMG00177.jpg
IMG00178.jpg
SU1HMDAxOTcuanBn.jpg
SU1HMDAxOTMuanBn.jpg

L0RldmljZSBNZW1vcnkvaG9tZS91c2VyL3B.jpg
DSC00050.jpg
DSC00049.jpg
DSC00048.jpg

DSC00059.jpg
DSC00063.jpg
DSC00062.jpg
DSC00064.jpg
DSC00067.jpg

DSC00105_2.jpg
DSC00111.jpg
DSC00112.jpg
DSC00114.jpg

I'll post more pics the further along I go

BankerRAt said:
if you dont mind me asking... how much did you pay for the powder coating. I am looking to possibly do that to a couple projects. Thanks

I found a guy here in Cinti., that did the frame, chain guard, and the rims for $125
Chemical dip and powder coat. Most of the places that I called wanted $200 just to powder coat !!! I would have still had to have someone sandblast it.

What a nice bike!

I vote color: dark Candy red!

That's a beautiful bike to start with (looks like it's all there). Can't wait to see what you do with it!

just added pic of springer, bars, stem. Pretty basic stuff really

New pics added. Wheels are just about done. Waiting on Hayes disc brake set and White Industries Freewheel.
The rest of the bike parts are being shipped as we speak. :roll:

I can do that tomorrow. I've got the frame at work where most of my tools are. I brought the wheels home since no tools required lol.

New pics posted: Brooks B72, Chrome chain, Disc brake, Pedals, White Industries freewheel

Waiting on adapters for rotor and caliper, seat post and clamp. Should be here by Friday I hope :|

You're going to need insurance for this bike by the time it's done! $$$$$$ :shock:

necessaryevil said:
You're going to need insurance for this bike by the time it's done! $$$$$$ :shock:

lol Guys at work are like, what are you gonna do with it? I was like are you serious??? I gonna ride that .... till the wheels fall off lol :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back