Recent content by chastin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. chastin

the wife needed a cuiser

oh yea, i LOVE the head badge, awesome idea
  2. chastin

the wife needed a cuiser

looks good, i like the balck and white, i wouldn't go with red for the wheels though(kinda over done IMO), there is lots of other colors that look good with black
  3. chastin

The Pic "N" Nic Cruiser gets some lines

those are clean
  4. chastin

La Dos Amigos...

man this thing is looking good,
  5. chastin

La Dos Amigos...

its good to see you over here yaril, the bike is looking good, this whole bike thing is addicting so be careful, its been takin up all my time i could be workin on some cars, but its fun. show em you buick and square back
  6. chastin

Pin Striping starter kit?

really all you need is a mack 00, one can of 1 shot, mineral spirits, mineral oil(baby oil, pneumatic tool oil,etc), a piece of glass, and lots of patience
  7. chastin

Stolen Bikes

i had a bike stolen for the first time around november, from jackson,mississippi it was a old '70s huffy frame with stingray springer, a springer banana seat, and some bmx wheels the frame was purple with white fades and everything else was painted gold
  8. chastin

hutch pro racer question

i have no idea, there were pictures of the hutch but now they all changed, im not sure what happened
  9. chastin

The Burrito Revolution.....

all of these are really kool. here is one my friend and i started late one night and havent finished yet, started with a good girls 24" mountain bike adn a cheap boys 20" and for height comaparsion here is my cole foster shot
  10. chastin

american flyler bike

yea striping can add a lot. just get the stuff (brushes,1 shot) and practice, then practice and when you think your getting the hang of it practice even more. sometimes i can not stripe for like a couple of days and then try to and i suck, so im still practicing as much as i can after about 5 years
  11. chastin

bare metal schwinn

thanks for the comments, i was going for a real bare bones, hardcore look. i have been riding it as much as i can lately cant wait till it warms up. yea the brake is a little sketchy at speeds but, hey i guess thats the point of a suicide brake
  12. chastin

american flyler bike

thanks for the complioments every one, and yes i did do the pinstriping, you can check out my stuff at the link in my signature
  13. chastin

american flyler bike

i built this bike for my girlfriend for christmas, i found it at a swap meet. i relocated the seat mounting bracket so it sat further back, then i took the stock rear fender and added about 7" to it. then painted it the flat teal and striped it. she loves it. heres what i started out with and...
  14. chastin

Stingray Classic at Walmart for $88! Not the new style!

heres mine i paid $69, i did the mandatory front wheel swap, leaned the bars forward dropped the seat, took all the stickers off and took some laquer thinner to the seat and removed stripes and S from the seat
  15. chastin

bare metal schwinn

heres a stingray i just built the frame was really rough when i got it, it had a springer but i used it on another bike, then that bike was stolen. i stripped the frame down to bare metal then cleared it, it looks kool though with all the pits and everything. i didnt want to do any cutting or...
Back