hutch pro racer question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
bicycles001.jpg

bicycles003.jpg

ok so i picked up this bike and 2 others at a yard sale for $10 all together. i dont know much about "vintage" bmx but i remebered hearing the name. i have read a little bit about them and have figured out that it is a 82-83 year model, but i dont know anything else. im not sure what all is original on it. im pretty sure the handlebars and fork are i knwo the seat isnt and the rear wheel that came on it wasnt, i just stuck this one on there for right now. im not sure what i want to do with it. i dont know if i want to restore it or just sell it like it is or part it out. any suggestions? if i restore it ill probably ride it for a little bit and enjoy it then sell it to finance other things.but i do have a few questions
1) are these the original cranks,sproket and pedals?
bicycles012.jpg

bicycles013.jpg

2) what wheels and tires should i run? spokes? mags? what kind came on it, the front wheel is a sumo

3) is this the original stem?
bicycles007.jpg

bicycles008.jpg

4) what grips?
5) about how much is it worth?

im sorry for all the questions i jsut dont know anyting about it, so any info on the original parts or parts that would have been put on there back in its day would be greatly appreciated, thanks ,chastin

I can get the same frame from a friend in almost BRAND NEW condition for 500.00

and if you want to restore it to it's original condition I think you better sit down...

are you Ready..
Hutch Cranks $2000- $3000
Hutch Pedals $600.00 minimum.

The wheel sets where optional...but Araya 7x's with good sealed bearing hubs..
Like Chrome Araya's with Bullseye Hubs will run you about $400.00 minimum for a used set.

That's not the stock stem..that'll cost you about $350.00
or run a Tuff Neck for about $250.00

Now.....Period correct Comp II Tires are $200.00 a pair....
Dia Compe MX1000 Brakes will be about $200.00 for a Rear Chrome set up with Tech 3 lever
Hutch Bars will be $350.00

so..that'll bring you to about $5000.00 to restore it.
But you can build it up real Nice...I mean REAL NICE for $1500.00

send me some Clear / Detailed Pictures of the Frame Drop-outs..are they all chewed up from the rear wheels ?
and the seat Tube..they always Crack there..

and the Forks ??
are the Forks Drilled for a Front Brake ?

and does the Bike have a seriel number or is it a Pre Seriel number Hutch ?

if it's got a seriel number...does it have a little picture of a Baseball next to it ?

I'm interested in buying it....very intereted my Friend...
but I would need VERY god photo's of every corner and weld before I throw money at yaa...

PM me if you want to sell it...PLEASE....I Like it.
Kev.

also...
measure the Top Tube..

Measure from the center of the Head tube...to the center of the seat post,
along the top tube..
buy this I mean, run the measuring tape along the top tube and measure from center of Head set..to Center of seat tube..

is it 19.25 inches ????
Kev.

man,i wasnt wanting to spend over $4900 on it, so i guess i wont restore it :D
but i know im going to sell it i just dont know if i want to sell it now or later

i'll pm you clothes pin, and im coming with pictures real soon

but the fork is kind of rusty on some areas, ill get better pics of it, but there is not a hole drilled for brakes

and it does have a serial # on the inside of the right drop out

the seat post is real rusty,no rust holes or anything, im not sure if its the original

the handle bars also have some surface rust in areas were the chrome is coming off.
the frame is in really nice shape, no surface rust none of the chrome has peeled or anything, i just havent got to clean it really good yet

heres some pics that i already have

bicycles021.jpg

bicycles020.jpg

bicycles016.jpg

bicycles017.jpg

bicycles004.jpg

bicycles011.jpg

thats insane, you always find the good stuff. i'll give you $3.50 for it. :lol:

Back