La Dos Amigos...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tylordurben said:
my 67 VW Squareback sitting on Supremes:

DSC_0156-1.jpg

:D
Yaril

Geez man. That thing is beautiful especially with those supremes!

thank you man!

so i welded in the crank case, got the bike down to bare metal (i will paint it in the future), grinded 90% of the welds smooth and transfered most off my Schwinn to make this one ridable. still waiting on the white glitter banana seat and matching grips i ordered. gonna make some "Z" bar style handles later on cause i really like these on my Schwinn and i also have to make some pedals for it. well, enjoy the pics i just put the chain on it a couple minutes ago, had to link 2 chains from wal-mart.

btw its just over 7 feet long.

DSCF1809Medium.jpg

DSCF1800Medium.jpg

Yaril

tylordurben said:
wow, what a surprise. yeah, Chastin did you fix your truck yet? :lol:

i dont have my camera but when i get it back tomorrow i will post up what the bike looks like now. its looking much much better! all i need is the chain and the seat, everything else is done :mrgreen:

well, here is a pic of my cars as per Chastin's request. i have to add that Chastin pinstriped the Buick and did a Stellar job on it! thanks again.

my 51 Buick w/ straight 8 og motor:

DSCF9015.jpg

my 67 VW Squareback sitting on Supremes:

DSC_0156-1.jpg

this is the 64 Ghia i just built and sold:

DSCF0105Large.jpg

and just for kicks the GMC truck thats been in the background of my bike pics, this one im building for a client:

DSCF0842Medium.jpg

:D
Yaril
Hi,
I was wondering if you have more pictures of your sqareback? I really like it alot.lol

ok, today i made my pedals...

basically took black plastic ones and used the internals. got a piece of pipe and welded it to the cups for the bearings. for the pedals them selfs i used a chain i had laying around. cut the links i needed and welded them... similar to what Indian Larry (RIP) did on his chain bike or old lowrider steering wheels...

DSCF1862Medium.jpg

DSCF1866Medium.jpg

the banana seat has not gotten here yet, and i could not wait any longer to try and ride this thing. so i rigged the seat off my Schwinn just to be able to sit and pedal, the seating position is not to desirable right now, the banana seat should take care of that. it will be a little higher seating and further back almost over the rear tire. it rides smoother than i expected, you just gotta watch out for reflectors and dips in the road. i scrapped the bottom of the frame a bunch of times already.

DSCF1868Medium.jpg

DSCF1870Medium.jpg

Yaril

i took it to a 4th July show (in the bed of my buds 59 El Camino). everyone was checking out the bike more than the cars! i think it may have to do with my girl riding it.

well, this is the only decent pic i got shes not pedaling but you get the picture... btw she is wearing the "Praise the Lowered" wife beater i got her. last thing, i also let her drive the Buick to the show! while i took the Squareback.

i brightened up the pic in photoshop but its still a bit blurry...

DSCF1882Medium.jpg

ill try and get better riding pics. thanks again for all the props!

Gold Street Customs said:
Your killing me with the 51 special, I had one with the three on a tree very nice. I like this beast your building and the pedals finish it off nicely. :mrgreen:
thanks man, my Buick had a 3 on the tree, i kept the motor but upgraded the drive train to a 700r4 trans and cutlas rear end.

Yaril

great bike, great cars :!:

did you chop the ghia and the squareback or did you just lower them?
i'm asking because these are cars avaidable in germany and yours are very cool custom cars :wink: :mrgreen:

slam dunk on the cars, they are hot. your burrito is outstanding. nice job dude.

Outlaw 8)

update on my burrito...

made some handle bars for it, Z-bar frisco style motor bike bars. all white balloon tires, white grips, white sparkle banana seat...

DSC04100.jpg

a short video to prove that it is ride able, took it on a 8 mile ride with my girl on her bike...

Yaril

Back