bare metal schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres a stingray i just built the frame was really rough when i got it, it had a springer but i used it on another bike, then that bike was stolen.
i stripped the frame down to bare metal then cleared it, it looks kool though with all the pits and everything. i didnt want to do any cutting or drilling on the frame so i mounted the brakes on the sissy bar and mounted the lever in between the frame part to kinda have a suicide type setup. i have some bmx wheels on it so those brakes are the only brakes i have. its a fun bike, very easy to handle ant its as tough as it looks
i also used a little bit fatter tire on the front
bicycles007.jpg

the brake set up
bicycles013.jpg

bicycles011.jpg

bicycles015.jpg

deggum hippies
bicycles016.jpg

heres a link to me doing some pedal scraping

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0x4Kmc3cQAg
thanks,chastin

love that bike 'hippie killa'. don't tell jimmy shine about the bare metal schwinn :lol: .

I like it! ........Great RAT ROD!

KOOL BIKE!! That raw look is Killer! That suicide brake is Killer! But I'd go ahead and handlebar mount the brake or coaster brake it with a 2speed kb, to make it more rideable at speeds that great big sprocket is capable of going. And fairly easy to tend to,if it gets scratched or scuffed, just hit it with a DA for a second / steelwool it, wipe it with oil, and ride. Nice Bike! Dangerous Dan

i think clear coating bare metal looks killer! i did that on a set of bars and their stem for a bike im working on, i also used a scotchbrite abrasive wheel to put uniform scratches on the metal so that it had a "brushed" look. i had to scratch it then clean hang and coat immediately to make sure it stayed lookin that way. cool effect for sure, and def rat cuz ya dont get more low budget than not painting at all!
fast eddie outty

tv dinner said:
love that bike 'hippie killa'. don't tell jimmy shine about the bare metal schwinn :lol: .

Man i met jimmy shine i think it was 2 years ago, at the Detroit autorama, Hes cocky, arrogent, stuck up, piece of crap as far as im concerned, I walk up to him and say, Hello, Jimmy, Im like one of your biggest fans. He's like ehh Thats nice, i say, Can i have your autograph, he cops an attitude, rips my hat out of my hand signs it and walks away. Oh i was pissed! that made me so mad. I just found the hat with his autograph, I also met: George Barris, AJ From overhaulin, Ron Finch, and someone else who i cant remember his name. Fun night. BUT JIMMY SHINE SUCKS!

Thanks Markm, Been busy with so many other things!!! School mostly, i got straight A's still, i have 4 A's and 2 A+'s. =] Ill get pics to prove it. Im so proud of myself. Anyways, ill talk to you guys soon, i needa get 2 bed, its 10:15.. I GOT SCHOOL TOMORROW YAY! Wooshop here i come, im making stuff for the state contest, were ppls projects get judged. My shop teacher says the "Hotrod" Truck im building will take first. Hope so. anyways goodnight.

dude he doesnt suck
hes not a tv personality thats for sure so he doesnt know how to handle people
hes a talented builder of artist quality
sucks that you write off then man based on one experience
sorry he was a little on the crass side with you an all that but most builders and car guys arent all nice and goofy like barris is
(not knocking barris by the way i love that ol man)

oh yea thats a really cool lookin ride btw i love the brake setup

Oh Jimmy Shine, he builds some tuff looking cars, I just think he's a Rich arrogent jerk.

George barris is SWEET I met him that night.

if you ever get the chance talk with gene winnfield(everytime i see him at sact autorama ill spend hours bsing with him)has loads of knowledge and happy to share it with ya!

Latest posts

Back