La Dos Amigos...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey yall,

me and my best friend Jorge had been throwing the idea of building a bicycle for some time now. thanks to finding this web-site for inspiration and i found enough frames to get us started; so today we spent a few hours cutting and welding a couple of frames and in less than 5 hours we designed and built our rolling frame!

plans are to ride the bike on our next meet immediately followed by tearing it down for cleaning all the welds and prepping it for paint. then 1 more meet to build it back up with all the painted and polished parts.

the goal was to built the lowest possible bike. as it sits now the frame is on the floor, so only the tires will raise it an inch or so, plus we plan to do a leaf spring front end to bring it back down to about 1/2" clearance (with the riders weight).

enough babel, here are some pics...

this frame my buddy gave me for free:

DSCF0493Medium.jpg

this frame is from the same buddy also for free, its a real Schwinn frame but it had a couple bent tubes on it:

DSCF0693Medium.jpg

some laying out, using the edge of the concrete slab as the scrub line:

DSCF0696Medium.jpg

a little cutting and reconfiguring:

DSCF0697Medium.jpg

a standing mock up with me sitting on it, sort off:

DSCF0701Medium.jpg

so here is what we are left with:

DSCF0719Medium.jpg

DSCF0721Medium.jpg

the pedal crank is planned to go on the end of the cantilevered bars hopefully. when we put the seat on it we will check for comfort? then weld in the cranks. we are really pleased with the overall look of the bike and cant wait to finish it off. the top tube still needs to be completed to meet the "S" seat tube and other areas still need attention, but we will knock all that out on our next meet.

thanks!
Yaril & Jorge

YES! I like it!........You're giving me ideas I never thought of!...That's the beauty of this site. Looking forward to more. 8)

Thats sweet. I like how the vertical lines seat tube and fork tube, run parallel at the same angle.

Dude you're a madman....I love it....I flipped the back forks on one of my bikes but you flipped a whole frame and welded it to another....can't wait to see it done..

Very nice. That will look uber cool when done..

wow, thanks for all the feedback everyone!

KOTA said:
YES! I like it!........You're giving me ideas I never thought of!...That's the beauty of this site. Looking forward to more. 8)

good! thats what i got from this site, ideas i never had.

chimichanga said:
looks really awesome. I can't wait for the finished bike! Also the title should be Los Dos Amigos instead of La :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: i know we just liked it better with La :lol: :lol: :lol: be honest with ya we were very close to calling the bike chimichanga or chimichurie :lol: :lol: :lol:

aka_locojoe said:
Looks great. The bottom bracket will look really neat where you plan to have it.

you mean the one to hold the crank in place right? yeah it will also re-enforce the connection of the 2 frames.

Boardtrack fan said:
Looking good! Bike has a nice stance. You can never go to low! That goes for cars, bikes or just about anything with wheels!

im with ya on that one all the way!

ej599 said:
Thats sweet. I like how the vertical lines seat tube and fork tube, run parallel at the same angle.

that was unplanned, but now that you mentioned it, how do like the way we planned the the vertical lines seat tube and fork tube, run parallel at the same angle, huh pretty neat. :lol:

Adapt said:
Dude you're a madman....I love it....I flipped the back forks on one of my bikes but you flipped a whole frame and welded it to another....can't wait to see it done..

we were just playing around with the 2 frames when i turned around and my friend says, dude i think we got something here. then we just let the rest design itself.

thanks!
Yaril

that second frame eithout the bb, did that have a 3 pc crank in it? if you look at my frame in bike talks was it the same as mine? if so do you have the parts for it other then the bb. i need the spindle an cups an bearings with the lock nuts. thanks

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Looking good! Bike has a nice stance. You can never go to low! That goes for cars, bikes or just about anything with wheels!

but is not limited to
your couch
kitchen table
your kids..ok maybe your kids
or anything that is noit already on the gorund

we are still searching for parts...

tires, hopefully all white or all red tires.
seat, the leaned back post type with any ol seat.
pedals, anything that looks the part or we'll make our own.
handle bars, again may end up making our own to get the right feel.

so if anyone has something on the cheeeaaap! let us know, we are trying to keep this thing on a budget. :mrgreen:

the caddy is a 53 Meteor Flowercar. :?

wow, what a surprise. yeah, Chastin did you fix your truck yet? :lol:

i dont have my camera but when i get it back tomorrow i will post up what the bike looks like now. its looking much much better! all i need is the chain and the seat, everything else is done :mrgreen:

well, here is a pic of my cars as per Chastin's request. i have to add that Chastin pinstriped the Buick and did a Stellar job on it! thanks again.

my 51 Buick w/ straight 8 og motor:

DSCF9015.jpg

my 67 VW Squareback sitting on Supremes:

DSC_0156-1.jpg

this is the 64 Ghia i just built and sold:

DSCF0105Large.jpg

and just for kicks the GMC truck thats been in the background of my bike pics, this one im building for a client:

DSCF0842Medium.jpg

:D
Yaril

Back