Worksman *update*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ratdaddy said:
very nice...I like how you taped just the nipples. I've always had a hard time getting tape off my nipples. :oops:

jeff

Me too my girl friend gets pretty kinky in the bedroom HA! Just messing looks good. I never knew they were called nipples, i called them spoke nuts.

here how the wheels look like on the bike. I still need to tear the whole bike so I can paint it this week.
bike2.jpg

bike.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

Worksman bikes are the bomb! I am currently working at an industrial plant that has a fleet of probably close to 100 bikes/trikes with over half being 20 year old Worksman. They have some Atlas, Caloi, Huff and other crap but the Worksman are the real workhorses. I will see if I can snag some pictures. A lot of the newer ones have solid tires on them :shock:

Aaron 8)

I also work in a large plant (about a million sq. feet) & there are many trikes--all Worksman, mostly 20-30yrs. old w/solid tires & BTS. I doubt the corporation has ever sprung for any replacement parts. There's also a handfull of newer Worksman Movers which have the really thick frames & heavy duty 2" rims w/pneumatic tires, too. I assume you have to be "connected" to get one of these. No 2 trikes are alike--they've all been repainted countless times & modded in some way w/ different types of homemade boxes on the back, etc. There's one with a stretched fork & another that someone went to alot of trouble of lowering the rear end, fabricating a new subframe & all. I need to get some pics sometime, though cameras are strictly <verboten>, I try to make my own rules...

BTW, in the big chase scene in "Pee Wee's Big Adventure", the studio security guards are riding straight bar Worksman 2 wheelers.

That is allready a cool ride,The wheels look great, can't wait to see the end result, please do take lots of pics of the gold leaf process... I used to work at a shop in the mid 80's that worked on bikes from the Ford truck plant, Schwinn Heavy-Duti's,and some Cycletrucks with the small front wheel....

emanon, I dont know where u work, But one of the chrysler plants on van-dyke has like 50 or 60 trikes sitting out side, they look like the worksman i had, I want one, there all funky colors 2.

Rick--you must mean the plant near 16 mile. I work @ the one at 15 mile & there's no trikes siting outside. Those things are ......--indestructable, too!
It sucks that there's so many closed factories around us, but I am going to start looking for the auctions--I bet bikes go CHEAP. I heard about a guy in NY getting Worksman trikes for $25 a piece.

25?! that is cheap! ill snap a picture sumtime man there was a turdload of them trikes out there.. is there a plant on 18?? idk but there was a bunch of them. Oh and i had a worksman it wasnt indestructable.. I cracked the frame on mine (now chainsaws) pretty bad. Look

DSCF0681.jpg

Hey if you guys from D-town come accross a stash of Worksmans cheap, grab me one or two. I will come down to pick it up. If you guys want old Worksman trikes, there is a guy by me that picked up about 30 from Steelcase, he wants $75 each for them...Kelly

i hate hard rubber tires Ride like heck and slow ya down 2.

The hard tires work fine on a smooth floor, but they'd be murder on the street (especially on our crappy Mich. roads).
I should mention that the ones w/the lug welded frames do feel a bit rickety, but alot of 'em have been reinforced, like w/thick steel plates welded where the tank would go! It's funny, a multi-gazillion dollar company, spares no expense for most equipment, but all the bikes are like what you'd expect to find on the street in Calcutta or someplace....

ricksterr1221 said:
25?! that is cheap! ill snap a picture sumtime man there was a turdload of them trikes out there.. is there a plant on 18?? idk but there was a bunch of them. Oh and i had a worksman it wasnt indestructable.. I cracked the frame on mine (now chainsaws) pretty bad. Look

DSCF0681.jpg
which is why rust is bad, m-kay...rust kills your bike, m-kay

It only rusted after it cracked because the paint all chipped off.

Back