Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now...how did I miss this thread!! :shock: These bikes are wicked cool! :p I could see a future build off bike somewhere in the mix :idea:

Rat Rod said:
petesponies said:
OK. . . . money is not an issue. Why do I want one of these bikes? Really ,for me . . . . I don't get it??

You either want one to goof around on, riding off road or at the beach or you want the wheel set for something like this...

ruff1.jpg
well, no, no and no . . and definitely no. So I'm now sure, I don't want one :) I'm sure that many things I build people scratch their head about too . . isn't life grand?? :wink:

when yall get them, fill the tires to NO MORE than 10PSI. It handles weird with 20 in it. Many guys are running 6 to 8. It SMOOOOOTHS out the rough trails.

Here is a pic from another site that shows one next to some other bikes for scale.

beast_zpsb047c08c.jpg

It's really cool to see the difference in tone between our thread on this bike and the MTBR thread.
No 4 pages wasted on box store bashing diatribes here.
Some of the fat bike elitists over there sound as bad as the lycra cyclists sometimes.

We know this isn't going to be high end stuff, but it doesn't matter. We'll have fun with it regardless.

I guess if I was a hardcore fat biker and spent big money on a bike and did a lot of off roading I'd probably get a chuckle out of Mongoose's attempt, but the reality is, the folks who are seriously into the sport won't be shopping for bikes at Wal-Mart anyway.

I'm with you though, I don't have the energy these days to get upset over something like that. :lol:

dracothered said:
Man this bike would be KOOL as "HE double hockey sticks" to motorize it... may have to chop and weld to do it, but all the more fun...

I think a motor will fit, this is an 18" frame, basic diamond, just clearing the tire with the chain will be your biggest task.

When I think motorized bicycle my mind immediately goes to street use (like the ones I've built) and I wouldn't want to use these tires on the road at 30mph for a long time. But, off-road? Yeah, that could be cool, but the places I trail ride on a bike I would get into trouble being out there on something with a motor on it.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Now...how did I miss this thread!! :shock: These bikes are wicked cool! :p I could see a future build off bike somewhere in the mix :idea:

great idea, a Walmart fat bike build off.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

great idea, a Walmart fat bike build off.

Might make for a cool gender change build.

kingfish254 said:
It's really cool to see the difference in tone between our thread on this bike and the MTBR thread.
Some of the fat bike elitists over there sound as bad as the lycra cyclists sometimes.

We know this isn't going to be high end stuff, but it doesn't matter. We'll have fun with it regardless.
+1 That's why i like this site :)

OneHorsePower said:
kingfish254 said:

+1 That's why i like this site :)
+2
Could it be said that we are the only *truly happy* cyclists’; this is based upon personal observations of elite road and MTB events that I attend here in New Hampshire and Vermont, there is always one happy guy (the winner) and a host of miserable guys (the losers) in tights and oversized shorts. However, when I attend Rat Rod events, everybody has a smile on their face – no winners or losers, just camaraderie with a common interest – kynd’a puts a smile on your face doesn’t it! :)

Thank you! Just calling it as I see it!

Back