Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope this all turns out well after all the hype in this thread...Happy Easter.

kingfish254 said:
I wonder what it would look like with apes, a sissy bar, and this seat????

ChopperSeatWP_001441.jpg

DSC_0433.jpg
Something like this...
fat1c.jpg

I think the banana seat version looks pretty cool, actually... 8)

FexEx man is a tease. I was home for lunch and I see a white van slowly coming up the street. It turned and parked beside the house and I saw the FedEx uniformed guy inside.

He sat there for a minute:
9BB39F8B-6C30-4140-A6C9-56E01D9C9CB2-14660-00000A0D8BC0A322.jpg

Then he got out with his computer and opened the back of the truck... it was piled high:
9AB94D75-C617-4C40-AAFA-2265FF2BE6F0-14660-00000A0D938EE8F5.jpg

AND THEN HE LEFT!!!!
:x

Rat Rod said:
Ha Ha...can they not afford stickers up there in North Carolina? :lol:

A few weeks ago the UPS man delivered a package to my house in an old Audi A4!

The thing about the FedEx ground guys is that they have to buy and maintain their own vehicles, so when it breaks down, they just rent something, or maybe this is the van he bought to use on his route... who knows.

yoothgeye said:
Rat Rod said:
Ha Ha...can they not afford stickers up there in North Carolina? :lol:

A few weeks ago the UPS man delivered a package to my house in an old Audi A4!

The thing about the FedEx ground guys is that they have to buy and maintain their own vehicles, so when it breaks down, they just rent something, or maybe this is the van he bought to use on his route... who knows.
The fedex guys around here have nice vans. That sounds like something my fedex guy would, of course Ive been friends with him since we was kids. Its always fun when your sitting watching TV and all of a sudden someones beating on the door like like a mad man then when you get to the door hes already back in the van laughing and waving.

That's pretty crazy.

There must be a law in Texas that requires the carriers to drive marked vehicles.

I've never had a delivery from any of those guys that weren't in a company vehicle.

The ebay listing for one of these is up to $190. It's misleading though. It shows Free Shipping, but in his description he says that is only for Buy It Now. Someone is going to end up paying more than they could straight from Wally world. :?

kingfish254 said:
The ebay listing for one of these is up to $190. It's misleading though. It shows Free Shipping, but in his description he says that is only for Buy It Now. Someone is going to end up paying more than they could straight from Wally world. :?

I was wondering about the free shipping with buy it now as well. Looks like some of those bidders need to do some research... but if that were the case, they wouldn't be eBay bidders.

If he ends up getting $400, he should include an I'm With Stupid tshirt that has an upward arrow.

dragnusa said:
Wonder which tires they will come with.

Not the Spider tires, the red one on eBay, the green one in the review, and the one Bighit just got all have the same tires, NOT the spider tires.

cman said:
Are you going to grease all the bearings before riding? Or is this a race to be first to ride.

If I don't do it first, I probably won't do it at all, so I'll be going through it.

It would be easy to ride it right out of the box, just put on the front wheel, insert and tighten the stem, put on the pedals and go, but I guarantee the chain will be as tight as a banjo string.

Not 5 minutes after that last reply this happened!

Here are the girls running in to tell me someone was delivering a package:
B6CC10B8-61E4-4E71-BFF5-A4875970BD03-14977-00000A31362D9549.jpg

Huge box!
CCFCF586-CC6E-4768-9B84-96001FDACE40-14977-00000A313E5B9AD4.jpg

Big tires... my son is excited!
83510FDF-448B-4ABB-A247-EFD488CDE87C-14977-00000A31457EFE74.jpg

It will take you longer to remove the protective paper, shipping pieces, and zip ties than putting it together.
B67D6994-5C0B-4B3C-BDBB-3C54DE7E5543-14977-00000A314D6CB8AB.jpg

I have to go to church now, but my first impressions:

-I love the small frame, just like the 15" frame on my 29er, it will give it a more BMX feel.
-the seat post may need to be shimmed.
-5 reflectors are about to be taken off
-the chain tension is actually dead on
-chainguard is going away
-it is a 1 1/8" threaded stem, and I just happen to have accidentally bought a 1 1/8" threaded to threadless adapter!
-I've never seen a fat tire bike in real life and these tires are much bigger than I expected.
-bars and saddle gone will be gone tonight
-headset bearings are too tight or completely dry, probably both

OK, I'm going to church now.

Back