TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-5/9

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-3/30

langsmer said:
Have you considered trying to sell the Roadmaster as a complete bike? It would be a shame to split up such a nice original bike. :cry:
Oh no no NO....im not going to split it up, whatever the next owner does with it, they do with it...NOT parting it out
JoeyMac said:
the seat on that higgins looks too pristine to be on a bike with that much rust... if it's in nice shape can you take some close up pics? and is that one of the parts you will be parting out?
its definatly not in good shape...someone recovered it...its all bunched up on the bottom and stapled to the bottom

kind of funny looking
Edit-you can kind of see it in the picture with the battery pack

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-4/1

heres a nice find for the day...

A nice straight bar rollfast...that actually has the badge!
IMG_3660.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

theres a really bad picture of a torrington stem it had on it

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-4/12

Went to port huron to go checkout a diamondback that had a 3 piece crank for $40
I needed the crank for the american flyer(yeah...still not done). On my way i stopped at a guy's house that had a banana seat bike sitting outside. I asked him if it was for sale, he said yeah, he said its worth more than my car :x
I asked him the price, he said $150. He asked me if i knew what it was, i said yeah, Do you?
He said yeah...its a stingray....I said, But its made by columbia, its obviously not a stingray...He said...NO its a stingray made by columbia. I said, OK i dont think its worth more than my car...BYE!!

It was a columbia playbike...i wouldnt pay more than $75 for.

We ended up stopping at garage sales on the way out, none had bikes. Went down some dirt roads trying to find one, and got a little lost. got there and the lady gave me directions back onto paved roads...Found the kids house, about 10 miles back from where we were and realized we went too far....it was fun though.

The bike was a bit rusty, had to pass...The guy was nice...same age as me, i hope he sold it.

On the way home, found a sears 3 speed and a cool raleigh picture advertisement, Pictures later or tomorrow

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-4/15-Peugeot

On 4/15 i went to go pickup a peugeot bicycle. Ended up being a very nice bicycle. My plan was to chop the top triangle off and put smaller wheels on, but when i saw the bike in person, i thought it would be a bit rediculous. The lady plans on sending me the original manual for the bike...she didnt have it when i bought it. Took my friend to Albes in warren, MI...its an OK shop...but they only do bmx. The same day i picked up an old craftsman reel lawnmower. A few days after, my dad sold his torino...(more on that later) i picked up a large lot of bikes to get a spindle out of one.

I havnt gotten a chance to post anything, due to a large report in school.

Sooo Anyway...heres the bike
DSCF0491.jpg

Love the peugeot details
DSCF0492.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

DSCF0494.jpg

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0496.jpg

DSCF0497.jpg

DSCF0498.jpg

DSCF0499.jpg

DSCF0500.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

heres the LOT:
DSCF0502.jpg

heres my mower...now for sale on CL
DSCF0486.jpg

Well, finally got some time to post my finds from ann arbor, and i had one heck of a time.
it was my first time at ann arbor this year, I plan on going every year now.

So...this is what i have pictures of so far:
This came in last minute, a guy rode up to me on this..(i ripped the wheels off...pics later) and i traded him my schwinn racer frame for it
I know, the frame stinks, but i couldnt find wheels the whole show! :?:
DSCF0545.jpg

And, Found this one for $5. Ive actually been looking for one of these monsterous frames for a while...

I asked the guy "How much?"
"Well, $5"
"oh...Wait for the whole bike??!"
"Yeah, The whooole thing...i just liked it, but dont anymore"
"Ill take it"
DSCF0511.jpg

DSCF0512.jpg

DSCF0513.jpg

Theres more...have to show the Muscle bike and the MISC. Parts

Those dropouts are ridiculous. I like the look of that bike, though.

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-5/3

Picked this up yesterday for $18...
I only bought it for the wheels...sooo, its a good price
DSCF0550.jpg

Was riding around today, Got an idea to bring the peugeot up on a hill to take some pictures
DSCF0552.jpg

Its a pretty big hill...so when i finally put the bike on CL...I will edit the picture and put some stuff in:

"CLIMB A MOUNTAIN WITH PEUGEOT"

Something stupid like that...i took lots of pictures, with a friend of mine too
DSCF0554.jpg

DSCF0559.jpg

heres my bike and my new muscle bike at the bottom of the hill...
I dont know how my (OTHER) friend rides that thing when its stuck in 2nd gear
DSCF0560.jpg

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-5/3

Heres a picture of the muscle bike i got in ann arbor...never uploaded it...
DSCF0589.jpg

I also got a frame that i sold to chainy before i left...it was a sears spyder...
No picture anymore...?

Picked this fuji up today
IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

Back