TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-5/9

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-7/11-HELP ME

Simple Green should be fine on the chrome....it's a biodegradable product.

I'd also get some dish soap and a car wash mitt and go over everything....watching out for the decals and seat of course.

Great score Dingo. If it was me I'd put the Raleigh on ebay and sit back and watch the fun.

Crassly said:
Great score Dingo. If it was me I'd put the Raleigh on ebay and sit back and watch the fun.

No kidding....it looks like it's a 56-58cm frame too which is a great size for most folks.

I think if you would take the time to clean it up it would be to your benefit. Just do it carefully so you just remove dirt and grime, not paint and decals. I wouldn't mess with the seat. There are a lot of things you can do to old leather that isn't good.

Cleaning up and shining the chrome on bikes makes the value shoot up. I'd totally tweak it a bit.

thanks for the offer but i really dont need another bike. just wanted the tires since theyd look perfect on my sons boardtracker.....
anyhow if you ever do decide to get rid of them let me know.....ill even toss a set of blackwalls in for replacement

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-7/13-Stop me

More bikes...who would have geussed

I geuss i should stop buying, but hey...i dont feel like it
This one for $30, Yesterday
Can someone identify what the frame is and what it might be worth?
IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3888.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

And this racer for $40
I have interesting plans for this one
IMG_3883.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

the black one is a schwinn tornado, early 60's. you can see the original paint scheme peeking out. sears rack among other swapped out parts. i love these middleweight straight bars. worth? no idea. cool project though. good luck.

Metal Miltia said:
the black one is a schwinn tornado, early 60's. you can see the original paint scheme peeking out. sears rack among other swapped out parts. i love these middleweight straight bars. worth? no idea. cool project though. good luck.

What he said. Sprocket looks like the old Evans Colson ones but I could be wrong.

Interesting mix of parts! Colson sprocket, Snyder/Rollfast chainguard, JC Higgins Flightliner rack... Those straight bar frames have been doing well on the 'bay lately...

Rustinkerer said:
Interesting mix of parts! Colson sprocket, Snyder/Rollfast chainguard, JC Higgins Flightliner rack... Those straight bar frames have been doing well on the 'bay lately...
bringing in how much?

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-7/20

Awesomely awesome evans colson

been looking for this fork FOREVER
IMG_3922.jpg

Its a shame im parting it out....
IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

Also found an old dyno the other day...parting that thingymajiggy out...

And this old helmet, which is going to be for sale
found it in my friends barn...
IMG_3918.jpg

Re: TheFlyingDingo's Fresh bikes-New bike(s)-7/20

Well, i have been hammering for an hour...that neck is not moving

it moves slightly left and right...the stem bolts not moving either...

Back