The Indiana Blackout

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the frame finished and painted. Had some trouble with the paint wanting to wrinkle. I wet sanded it and resprayed most of it and still has two small spots that wrinkled again....oh well. Anyway I stuck it together and it all works like it should. The bars are too short even though they are pretty long. I'm going to try to get some tubing and build a set that are shaped like the top bar ,but a little longer than the ones on it. It was a fun build and I hope everybody enjoyed it.
As everybody probably knows , I had promised Markm I would build him a frame , before I stopped at the first of the year. Well this is it. Should be shipped to its happy home at Mark's in Indiana. We will see what he comes up with to change it to his style.

shady001.jpg

shady003.jpg

shady004.jpg

shady005.jpg

shady006.jpg

shady007.jpg

Wow! Mark is a lucky man! You changed my mind on this style of frame.

XC204 said:
Wow! Mark is a lucky man! You changed my mind on this style of frame.
They are just big ol fun bikes that usually get quite a bit of attention. Probably won't see one in a triathlon though :lol:

Markm said:
WOW!!!
its BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok Mark I will take that as a you like it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, very cool!
Just love your stuff, Stretch! 8)

Hey thanks all you guy's. Glad that yall like the build. It was fun ,and it keeps me occupied . I hope that if nothing else , people will realize the one point I harp on all the time. Anyone can cook...ooops wrong saying. Anybody can build the frame of their dreams with just a little work. Its not that hard , but you have to try.

SSG said:
What kind of handlebars did you have on it at first or are they custom?
They were some old longhorn ones I got once. I added about 4'' to them . Someone here came up with the idea that you can add 4'' to bars length and it will hide under the grips. They were still about 4'' too short. I made these a little longer , so Mark could cut them to the length that he liked. :wink:

Thanks everybody . It was fun to get back in the shop and build something. This was a tuneup build for me. Got some more ideas for the next one. :wink:

Latest posts

Back