The Huffman Build you don't want to miss(Bike Show #2!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Huffman Build you don't want to miss!(Update 1/13)

looking forward to the pic's . I'm using a Monark knee action fork for my leaf springer
015-1-1.jpg

dogdart said:
looking forward to the pic's . I'm using a Monark knee action fork for my leaf springer
015-1-1.jpg
Thats a beaut! Mine will look alot like that. Did you have yours welded?

I'm bolting mine , took out the fender mount , ground down a nut and pressed it in still going to weld it . Using a 3/8" bolt . I think it will be strong enough . I like the plate idea you're using , if my bolt doesn't seem strong enough ,I'll try to incorporate that into mine . Also I was diggin those Electra tires , and I got a pair from member Tborner @ Butler swap meet today :D

Looks really cool so far. What's the diameter of that headlight?

Re: The Huffman Build you don't want to miss!(Update 1/17)

Here is the springer mocked up before it gets welded.
P1170283.jpg

P1170280.jpg

And here is the seat I bought along with the cream tires in the background.
P1170271.jpg

sweet 8) me likes the seat

Sorry for the slow progress. It has been a busy week. So I have good news and bad new...

The BAD news is that it will be another week or two before I get this bike rolling. The reason for this is because I still need to take my rear wheel to my LBS to get it re-built.

The GOOD news is that the world of wheels Car Show is in Atlanta this weekend. At the world of wheels a charity pinstriping booth is set up for anyone who needs stripes for anything big or small and all the money goes to a good cause. Soooo every year I take a bike part up to get pinstriped or lettered to help out and do my part. With that being said I desided that this year i'm taking my chainguard for the Dayton and getting "Dayton Super Deluxe" lettered on it in an old looking font.

(sorry for any spelling errors, the spell check is broken on my computer) :oops:

Re: The Huffman Build you don't want to miss!(Good & Bad News!!)

pssst....dont need a shop to rebuild a wheel(unless its missing parts you cant find)...if i can build a wheel,tension,and true it anyone can! sheldons got a page about it(and theres a few stickies here in the how to section as well) thats walks you though it.
good start and looking forward to seeing more

sensor said:
pssst....dont need a shop to rebuild a wheel(unless its missing parts you cant find)...if i can build a wheel,tension,and true it anyone can! sheldons got a page about it(and theres a few stickies here in the how to section as well) thats walks you though it.
good start and looking forward to seeing more
YOU CAN DO IT ! I've done 2 now , I think I'm getting the hang of it :)

Well I might try to build It myself first. What do I have to loose?

So today was probably the best day of my life! 1st reason being, I met my Hero's offspring in the flesh. Ed Roth's son was at the World of Wheels selling his famous metal flake paint and showing off some of his cars. 2nd reason I took the chain guard from the Dayton and got it hand scriped by the pinstripers for charity booth. It turned out awesome and I got to donate to a good cause in the process. 3rd reason is because Lil' Daddy Roth signed my chainguard, he loved the it and I got to tell him what Rat Rod bikes were. My last reason was because I got to spend another great World of Wheels with my grandfather, my uncle and his son Brayden. Also to top it all off, The mailman dropped off my skip tooth chain from Memory Lane and the bars from eBay I bought.

Ed's Son :D

P1220330.jpg

His Car.

P1220331.jpg

My chainguard.

P1220355.jpg

P1220367.jpg

His signature.

P1220360.jpg

The bars. They are Road bike bars Dr.T showed me on eBay. The give the bike a Shelby Air flow look.

P1220363.jpg

P1220364.jpg

P1220365.jpg

P1220366.jpg

And the Car's that have shaped the hobby we all love best.

P1220342.jpg

P1220343.jpg

P1220344.jpg

P1220347.jpg

P1220338.jpg

P1220333.jpg

P1220327.jpg

Look at the Air brushed Charmin toilet paper tag on this one. :lol:

P1220324.jpg

Re: The Huffman Build you don't want to miss(Best Day Ever 1-22)

The guard came out nice :wink: Great pics too :mrgreen:

Re: The Huffman Build you don't want to miss(Best Day Ever 1-22)

WOW! What an awesome day! The striping/signature on the chainguard is over the top! It really gives the bike a little "Speed Shop" flavor!

Cheers!
Dr. T

Back