Stingray Classic at Walmart for $88! Not the new style!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe just open it up might be kinda cool to see some coldcuts and veggies with the stingray. kind of a chefs stingray salad goin on.

I finnally got a chance to swing by my walmart, and they actually had a couple of them out on the racks. Man, those bikes are really cool, I want a stingray now.

To be completely honest, that was the first time I had ever had a chance to ride, or even see, a classic stingray. Its going to be hard to not blow my money on one of the $88's to fix up for myself. Now I am not the one to be lectured on the walmart ordeal, I know all about the evils of these "big box stores." Its funny that the fanatical schwinn purists are in uproar about this. Maybe walmart is seeing a opportunity for profit after noticing how the original stingrays are being bought online for RIDICULOUS amounts by collectors.

But I hate it that I have never had a chance to even see bikes like this. Its also really frustrating to see a picture of some guys living room that has about 2 dozen amazing stingrays that are just collecting dust! Everytime I find a cheap, beat up stingray, someone always snatches it because they can pay WAY more money on a kids bike than I can.

Anyways, Im glad walmart produced a couple of these bikes. Because now I might actually get a chance to own one! It was so much fun riding the stingray around at walmart. They have a completely different feel from my huge cruisers at home. So if you havn't done so, go check out the walmart stingray! They are really cheaply made, but who cares! Atleast they dont have a bunch of OCC stickers on them or something.

-cheers, and happy holidays guys

I'm thinking I'd like to go for an early 60s Super DeLuxe look with my green one, with whitewall tires and the whole bit, and then get a blue one and go late 60s fenderless blackwall, maybe put on a non-springer fork...

--rick

All right,Now I want one.Does anyone in DFW The Metroplex know of a Walmart with one? I went last night & they did not have anymore.I do not care of the color.I will paint is anyway!

oldgreenbean said:
All right,Now I want one.Does anyone in DFW The Metroplex know of a Walmart with one? I went last night & they did not have anymore.I do not care of the color.I will paint is anyway!

Nope-they all got bought up and went to Ebay. I've sold some there, and have 6 left. Ebay got flooded with them right after they started selling there.

The Wal-Mart near me in The Colony had 16 of them this morning put together in the Garden Center.

They want $79 for the green and blue and then $69 for the black ones.

I'm waiting to see of they go down to $49.99 soon.

Actually, I was kinda wondering what would happen to the ones that DON'T sell. We have a couple outlet type chain stores around here, one called Big Lots and the other called Ollie's Outlet. I know for sure that Ollie's had a couple of the 16 inch "new" Schwinn Stingrays last year (the pink one sat for a LOOOONG time) and I'm pretty sure that Big Lots sold some chopper type bikes not long ago too. Dunno if they were Schwinn, though. My point is that some folks have said that their Wally's have bunches that aren't selling. Where will THEY end up?

hmmmm.....

(On another note, I feel really guilty. I let my 9-year-old flog my green BFK this morning... smiled at him as he blasted down the block... but coming back up, apparently the springer did something he didn't expect on the right turn into the driveway and he kinda yelled in fear and then THUMP he bounced it off the side of my old Caprice and ended up in a heap on the ground. Nothing wounded but his pride, but he ran in the house crying because he thought i was gonna yell at him for messing up my new bike and my old car. I gotta get him back in the saddle...)

--rick

they were $79 bucks a Wallyworld tonight, they had 6 on a rack outside in the snow/rain.

ya gotta get him back in the sadle again my friend. and hey if my son hit my ranchero thats why i painted her semi gloss black krylon :mrgreen: i am with rat rod i figure after all the hype is done the price will drop more and i will break down and buy one or two for parts if anything. but i dig the idea of building a copy of an early deluxe sure the schwinn collector guys would jsut love that :shock:

another price drop 59 bux around these parts doods! if only I got paid this week instead o next week!

Buck Masterson said:
Speaking of Wal-Mart bikes, I saw this at the ol Wally world for 79.64, Yeah it's not a Schwin, but cool looking none the less.

0003867534188_500X500.jpg

One of those became the donor for the Escaped Convict. I got it on clearance for $35 I used the wheels/tires, fork, and crank for my build. Say what you want about Wal-Mart... it's almost as good as the dump for parts bikes! And no rust! :D

Aaron

Say what you want about Wal-Mart... it's almost as good as the dump for parts bikes! And no rust!

Aluminum foil geneally doesn't rust!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. You speak the truth.

well guys these things are dropping like flies i went into walmart today happened to see the schwinns again for $59 on the way out they were down to $43!

Latest posts

Back