Social Deviation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin´ great!!!
Mmmmm... we think much alike, I was thinking about painting a pinup girl in my tank too...

Gdcast-I am going to use some water slide decal material that I can put through my ink jet printer. It says on the instructions you can top coat it with Crystal Clear Krylon so hoping this will give some protection.
Deorman-There is some room to squeeze the fender before it starts to hit the tire. Might try it.

Many of you have been kind enough to post suggestions about my springs on the seat I was going to use for this build but I have decided to go in another direction.
Here is the rough in of the seat I will be using and the new seat post.
Rivets going around the edge will hold the leather piece on.
I did use the little bar that goes around the back of the old seats (Do not know what the official name of it is?) and added some decorative rat touches to it.
The rear hub is a 3 speed so still need to think of some kind of shifter for it.
And I will post some pics of the rear brake when it is closer to finished Still trying to get it fited.

overheadseat.jpg

seatpost.jpg

Very creative - I'm diggin' it!

lookin cool! the extra dropouts look like devil tails!

This is probably my last post until the end of the holidays.
Decided to tackle the brakeing problem. After seeing another post on here were some one put them on the bottom I thought that might work.
It took alot of finessing (ie chopping/welding) to get them to fit but i think I got it.
My only worry is usually with braking power applied the calibers are pushed against the bike. Either the forks or the rear stays. Here they will be pulled away from it. Not sure if the mounting bolt will bend or snap off???
I guess we will see.

RearBrake2.jpg

RearBrake1.jpg

Latest posts

Back