Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kreep said:
Channeling is dropping the body of the car(or truck in this case.) Sectioning is when you take out a section of the body to make it shorter.
-Kreep-

Channeling is to take out a section of the body, ON HEIGHT, to make it LOWER ..... not shorter!

leaded said:
Kreep said:
Channeling is dropping the body of the car(or truck in this case.) Sectioning is when you take out a section of the body to make it shorter.
-Kreep-

Channeling is to take out a section of the body, ON HEIGHT, to make it LOWER ..... not shorter!
Not true, Channeling is dropping the body of the car(or truck in this case) over the frame. Sectioning is when you take out a section of the body to make it shorter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopping_and_channeling

While I agree with this definition, Wikipedia is not a good source of information, unless it is citing more respectable sources. My firiend posted a made up fact and was quoted on the BBC, we got a great laugh. Just my opinion based on experience.

Big Fat Whitewalls said:
Not true, Channeling is dropping the body of the car(or truck in this case) over the frame. Sectioning is when you take out a section of the body to make it shorter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopping_and_channeling

BFW has it right, although I would call taking a horizontal section out of the body making the car lower not "shorter". Pull out any of the "little pages" hot rod magazines from the 50's and 60's, and you can see sectioning (removing a horizontal section of the body) and channeling (cutting out the floor and dropping the body over the frame channels [a.k.a. frame rails]). Robert Williams did an incredible collage painting years ago that showed a sectioning job in progress and called it "the ultimate task".

yeah b.f.w. and design it have it right....sectioning is cutting the body(like chopping a top but with the body NOT the a/b pillars&sail panel) to lower it...channeling is cutting the floor out droping it down so the body stays stock height but sitts lower over the frame to give it a low stance

shall we get into nosing/decking/pancaking now?

Can anyone appreciate the stripes?
bb775c12.jpg

TheFlyingDingo said:
Can anyone appreciate the stripes?

Rookie stripes, pit stripes, I appreciate them. Anything to differentiate your car from others on the road, I likey (even if it is just electric tape).

Another one for the collection. This one is a Dodge I picked up a few weeks ago. Been thrashing on it ever since. I just finished the brakes but still have to bleed them, that's why there are no wheels in the pic. Repainted the wheels Apple Red while they were off. They look sweet. I'm gonna try to get it out and fire it up tomorrow. I'll post some more pics when I get the wheels on it.
IMG_0206.jpg

Thats a SWEET ride Willy!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back