Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sensor said:
I'm guessing it has a salvaged title? thats the only time an inspection station comes into play here in CA.

No, NC laws require you to have a current inspection on a vehicle less than 30 years old, before you can register it! And, it's all computerized, no decal. I don't know for sure if they check the reverse lights here, but I assume they do, they have mirrors on the garage doors. I did have the car inspected last month, but can't remember if they did or not. On 1996 and newer vehicles, they plug the car into their computer, and it knows if anything's not working. So you also can't pass if you have a check engine light on. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
sensor said:
I'm guessing it has a salvaged title? thats the only time an inspection station comes into play here in CA.

No, NC laws require you to have a current inspection on a vehicle less than 30 years old, before you can register it! And, it's all computerized, no decal. I don't know for sure if they check the reverse lights here, but I assume they do, they have mirrors on the garage doors. I did have the car inspected last month, but can't remember if they did or not. On 1996 and newer vehicles, they plug the car into their computer, and it knows if anything's not working. So you also can't pass if you have a check engine light on. -Adam

My check engine light has probably been on since 1981. :lol: :mrgreen: But now that it's exempt I'm going to fix it up.

rusty1 said:
...got more but here's my 37 Chevy coupe...
373-25-11009.jpg
Man !!! AMT Model flashback Thats awesome!!!

Some of you guys have it easy. In Maine (unless registerd as an Antique), state inspection EVERY year no matter what year the vehicle is. They fail for everything: rust, lights, horn, wipers, any rust on brake or fuel lines, check engine light, any fluid leaks (oil, antifreeze, ps, etc), window tint that isn't state certified, exhaust over certain decible. Oh the list goes on and on.

Yep, we do, a 6 pack in the passenger seat ensures that it passes every time.

ChrisMac said:
Some of you guys have it easy. In Maine (unless registerd as an Antique), state inspection EVERY year no matter what year the vehicle is. They fail for everything: rust, lights, horn, wipers, any rust on brake or fuel lines, check engine light, any fluid leaks (oil, antifreeze, ps, etc), window tint that isn't state certified, exhaust over certain decible. Oh the list goes on and on.

My car fails with flying colors. Except the check engine light, it burnt out. :lol: :mrgreen:

Big Fat Whitewalls said:
CIMG1124-1.jpg

My Mini. All Cooper S stuff under a 59 body.
The Mini is a top 5 favorite! I got to drive one while in England a couple years ago. Abso-freaking-lutely awesome!! Hope to have one some day.

On a side note.....I've been through Sedalia....neat little town! Met the deputy chief of police about 6 years ago while deployed overseas.

I'd just like to say that Aerostars rule, and a good value! I have a 95 with 318000 miles on it, still going strong! I use it as a work van, plus haul my amp to band practice. -Adam

Back