Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 72 Skylark..about the same color with no Vinyl roof...350/4 with dual exhaust and a shift kit in the tranny that baby would chirp tires in second gear. I had wire hubcaps on it and whitewall tires...it was a pretty good running car. Tan Vinyl interior. What a nice car. By buddies had TAs and Camaros and everyone always wanted to take the Buick cause it was quiet didn't leak and road 4 people easily.

TexasDart said:
I had a 72 Skylark..about the same color with no Vinyl roof...350/4 with dual exhaust and a shift kit in the tranny that baby would chirp tires in second gear. I had wire hubcaps on it and whitewall tires...it was a pretty good running car. Tan Vinyl interior. What a nice car. By buddies had TAs and Camaros and everyone always wanted to take the Buick cause it was quiet didn't leak and road 4 people easily.

Yea. Only thing is holding back my 350 is gear ratio axle. I have 12 bolt posi trac. If my memory is correct its 3.52. I had that axle for two years and never had a chance to rebuild it. Lol

Was checking out the "Cars & Bikes" on the site, Awesome !!! I got to the last page & saw itsfreeitsforme's Stang so I figured I would dig up some pictures of my Stang. A 1989 Mustang GT Convertible, nothing special... But "Tons of Fun in the Sun" 8) with that Top Down ...
Love doing Shows & Cruises with it !!!

Cruising "DOWNRIVER" (June 25th, 2011) ***** ALL SUMMER LONG *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8roM_U2YjI

rico said:
That's a supper clean 5.0

Alot cleaner than my 1990 GT ex-race car, the cage is out, the numbers are off, I even put an interior back in it.
This picture was during the re-build/streetize;

Here's what powers it, a Trick Flow headed 331 stroker motor, heads are ported, alot, cam is all Joe Shermin.

It's a hoot to drive, it's rude, nasty, LOUD, foul tempered, stops and goes really really fast and turns faster.

Here's my DD truck hooked up to it for a move;

I suppose I should tell you all about me a little, I spent the last 10 years as an Engine Machinest. I went to school for industrial machining, metalurgy, foundry and welding.
After building about 6000 custom bmxs growing up naturally my first car was modified, a 1980 VW Scirocco, van motored, ported and flycut head, van F.I., wolfsburg exhaust. I thought it was fast!
I have had all makes and models, I do have favorites but I am a V-8 boy, don't care who made it!

Here's a picture of my truck motor, back when it was new :D

A shot of the rocker mock up the first time to m ake sure it'd contact the valve stem correctly.

It's a 96 roller block, Vortec heads w/ 2.00 in and 1.55 ex valves, considerable porting work(you can look thru my pictures on photobucket using [email protected]) Eagle rotating assembly for 383ci, a little 268/272 adv. duration x .570in/.600 cam, 1.7 ford rockers, @ 9.6:1 and a Holley Street avenger with 5000 hours of work on it!

mikeeebikey said:
rico said:
That's a supper clean 5.0

Alot cleaner than my 1990 GT ex-race car, the cage is out, the numbers are off, I even put an interior back in it.
Hey thanks "Rico & Mikeeebikey" appreciate the compliment !!! I like yours "Mikeeebikey"... Still looks like its ready
for the TRACK :D ! Impressive background you have their on the "Car" end, may have to look ya up if I decide
to do something with my motor :lol: ... Hang on to them Nice "Fox-Body" Stangs... You can find a Ton of them, but
trying to find one in "Nice Shape" & "LOW" miles is getting tougher & tougher to find ! Everything is original on mine, paint, top, ect.... A
few bolt-ons but I still have "ALL" the Original parts boxed up, even the Turbine rims . Haven't taken it out of storage yet
but I think I have 31k original miles on it .

:D
291703_10201561929869172_782274378_n.jpg

hubgearfreak said:
it's such a shame what your usa regs requiring big bumpers does to little european motors. :?

apart from that, it's a beaut

True, but many Americans are so beat down by the system that they don't realize that they can just remove them! :roll:

Just got my other car back from paint & body. 1993 SSP Mustang. It was a full out 1/4 mile car when I got it. The cage & suspension were removed. The wiring and body mods have all been returned to stock.

Cominghome205May2013-vi.jpg

Carpainted1-vi.jpg

Carpainted2-vi.jpg

Chips_Mahoy said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I like the two tone brown, looks like a sheriff's car.

625937d1329168426-how-speedmaster-professional-like-glock-27-you_are_correct_sir.jpg

So I shouldn't tell you about the bodies buried behind the shed? :lol: just kidding with you.

Duece by slinginrods, on Flickr. Steel 32 ford ,built from scratch ,chassis top interior ,paint body work all done by myself ,my son and my dad at my shop.350 ,4speed tranny ,winters quick change rear.

Back