Vintage 1950s? Or 60s? AMF ROADMASTER tricycle HELP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just bought this 24 inch adult tricycle yesterday and I’m having a hard time finding anything about the serial number online. I’d just like to know more in on the bike such as

What’s the weight limit?
Etc..

I did find a serial number on the part that connects to the trike conversion. (Posted pics) I observed the tires and they do say sears on them. The chainguard has no logo, lettering or stickers on it. It’s just plain. I also believe the tricycle was repainted at some point as I see some spots with a different teal color here and there on the frame.

The head badge sticker as pictured below says AMF Roadmaster.. and I can see that different blue teal color underneath that as well.
Oh and I also noticed the saddle bolt is different too… I’m some what new to the terms of things but I’m learning daily. I am somewhat familiar with these trikes as I have a 1963 Schwann tricycle in my basement.. it’s just been years and I’m getting back in the game. I left all those details above in hopes that those characteristics could help pinpoint the make and model.

I guess I could just really use the help on how the heck do i indicate the make and year. At this point I’m not even sure if it’s a true authentic amf roadmaster because like I said it’s been repainted and anyone can just slap a new badge on it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0284.jpeg
    IMG_0284.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0291.jpeg
    IMG_0291.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0290.jpeg
    IMG_0290.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0269.jpeg
    IMG_0269.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0259.png
    IMG_0259.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Welcome aboard!

That looks like late 60's early 70's AMF. I have a list of serial numbers at home I'll check to see what year "R" is.
One wheel coaster brakes? The trike looks to be in good condition. The seatpost clamp had a handle in it to adjust the seat height easily.

edit: I have 1966 for the letter "R".

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

That looks like late 60's early 70's AMF. I have a list of serial numbers at home I'll check to see what year "R" is.
One wheel coaster brakes? The trike looks to be in good condition. The seatpost clamp had a handle in it to adjust the seat height easily.

edit: I have 1966 for the letter "R".
Wow thank you! I’m so glad someone had some sort of information for me! Let me know when you get a chance upon looking at your list of serial numbers.. I made that out to be “R630004” for the number.. what do you think?

I will say I believe this trike is in immaculate condition as is. Much better than the 1963 Schwann I dug outta the woods in 3rd grade (2001) 🤣🤣

Yes any and ALLL information will be helpful. I appreciate it!!

Updated my post, 1966. If it only has one rear wheel for braking, I think it would pull to the left. I would try to add a brake to the front (no hole in the fork though) or maybe to the other rear wheel, although there's no attachment point.

Updated my post, 1966. If it only has one rear wheel for braking, I think it would pull to the left. I would try to add a brake to the front (no hole in the fork though) or maybe to the other rear wheel, although there's no attachment point.
Yes you are correct about the rear wheel breaking on the left.

If it only has one rear wheel for braking, I think it would pull to the left. I would try to add a brake to the front (no hole in the fork though) or maybe to the other rear wheel, although there's no attachment point
The Worksman trikes at work have one side braking too, supplemented by a drum hub up front. Way more power from the front brake, the single rear wheel that has the brake just slides on smooth concrete

Latest posts

Back