Purple Lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIGZ said:
I prefer to get rid of the oem shifter all together.

in the link below you can see the one I'm looking for.

http://chopaderos.com/forums/index.php? ... 0#msg48130

Yes, those look much better. I'm probably going to put an 8 speed on my Basman now instead of the 7 so I'll end up with a brake lever on each side and just use the grip shift.

BTW, do you know where I could get the cable holders along the frame for the Basman? I have one that is broken already. Too easy to break on the bottom of the frame. If I was adventurous I would run the cables inside the frame tubing.

NicksGarage said:
MIGZ said:
I prefer to get rid of the oem shifter all together.

in the link below you can see the one I'm looking for.

http://chopaderos.com/forums/index.php? ... 0#msg48130

Yes, those look much better. I'm probably going to put an 8 speed on my Basman now instead of the 7 so I'll end up with a brake lever on each side and just use the grip shift.

BTW, do you know where I could get the cable holders along the frame for the Basman? I have one that is broken already. Too easy to break on the bottom of the frame. If I was adventurous I would run the cables inside the frame tubing.

Nick,

You can get them from any hardware store in the electrical section. Just look for cable clamp most of the time a 5/16 one will work.

NOw on to the good news picked up the frame and front fender they looks awesome. I'm going to try and have it built up tonight since I have most of the parts we will see how it goes.

Well almost there, here are a few pics of getting her together tonight. I still have a few small things to do which should be done by the end of the week but most of it has been assembled.

What do you think?

131on.jpg

136au.jpg

140ox.jpg

141ksi.jpg

142et.jpg

149cq.jpg

Thanks guys for the compliments! This has been a bike i have been doing semi hidden from the wife She now knows its hers and loves it.

Purple is her favorite color hence the color of the bike. I'm really happy she likes it.

This sucker is about 95% complete. Tomorrow I will finish her up with head badge, kickstand, chain and a quick waxing will make he complete.

MIGZ said:
This sucker is about 95% complete. Tomorrow I will finish her up with head badge, kickstand, chain and a quick waxing will make he complete.

What headbadge? Where do you get those 346 card headbadges and frame emblems? Do you have them?

Nick

Your dealer should have given you those if that did not put them on the bike.

Let me check to see if I have any additional ones. I have a set for each bike frame.

MIGZ said:
Nick

Your dealer should have given you those if that did not put them on the bike.

Let me check to see if I have any additional ones. I have a set for each bike frame.

I didn't get anything but the bike, no paperwork or anything. They got the bike from Voltage Cycles.

I thought I would be done tonight but still have two small things to do. Get the pedals from storage and a nut to hold the brake arm.

Check it out this is how she sits now. I will try and get some better pics in the sun this weekend.

019hsi.jpg

020ha.jpg

Latest posts

Back