Purple Lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a little progress today.

Built up the front wheel with a roller brake. Tomorrow Ill move over the 7 speed hub to the rear wheel.

002kld.jpg

003sau.jpg

008isp.jpg

009wjt.jpg

otroo said:
You doing the frame in the same color?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, all the stuff in the first picture is what went to powder coat. The powder used on this bike is a two stage powder which from my understanding can be a pain in the butt to apply. Everything came out perfect but there were some slight imperfections on the frame and front fender so those were being redone.

MIGZ said:
Wheels are officially done.
010cgk.jpg

That color is fantastic! What color tires are you going to use? Have the new cream 346 tires made it across the pond?

Also, did you use the spokes from the Electra wheel for the 7-speed? I was looking at mine and looks like they would fit the stock Basman wheel on mine. I just need to get black ones but if they're the same I'll know the length to get.

NicksGarage said:
MIGZ said:
Wheels are officially done.
010cgk.jpg

That color is fantastic! What color tires are you going to use? Have the new cream 346 tires made it across the pond?

Also, did you use the spokes from the Electra wheel for the 7-speed? I was looking at mine and looks like they would fit the stock Basman wheel on mine. I just need to get black ones but if they're the same I'll know the length to get.

Thanks,

The color is one I have been eyeing for a while just had to figure out what the right build would be. Tires are going to be grey whitewalls. I'll check on the cream tires tomorrow.

spokes length is the same.

That is a cool looking chain never seen that one.

MIGZ said:
That is a cool looking chain never seen that one.

I just got two more sets of them in the mail today. Debating whether or not to put it on the Basman. Was a pain putting together, doesn't fit my chain break very well. I messed up several links trying to get the pins back in. Not sure they're supposed to be reused but it hasn't come apart yet.

af_053.jpg

Still waiting on the frame but some progress has been made with the rest of the build.

025qvx.jpg

028ly.jpg

This little gem was impossible to find in the US so had to get it from Germany.

023uoi.jpg

024fcm.jpg

This build has had my interest from day one. I'm doing a purple & pink cruiser for my wife. Mine however will be in contrast to yours as I'm painting it in a matte/satin finish. That saddle and grip combo is just over the top. Can't wait to see everything together.

So, my wife looked over my shoulder while I was admiring the Brooks seat/grips and said, "that would be a nice seat for my bike...."
I replied, "you don't have a bike yet." She said, "what about that one you keep bidding on, on Ebay?"
DOH! THERE GO'S THAT SURPRISE! Great build...

cnsmoore said:
So, my wife looked over my shoulder while I was admiring the Brooks seat/grips and said, "that would be a nice seat for my bike...."
I replied, "you don't have a bike yet." She said, "what about that one you keep bidding on, on Ebay?"
DOH! THERE GO'S THAT SURPRISE! Great build...

Don't you love that. The seat was darn near impossible to find since it was a valentines special edition a few years ago. There are still some out there just have to look.

Back