other female builders?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karfer67 said:
watch out she has spokes so she is armed and dangerous :mrgreen: and hey PLEASE talk to your pops about shooting my truck that color i have been thinking about that color all day since i saw the rims.
dont worry adam i wont hurt or forget about you. i will ask my dad about paint tomorrow when i go to lace my back wheel.it sounds like you have fallen in love with a paint color. whos aww'n now :mrgreen: it would be cool if we could get your truck painted the same color as my bike. we could put them in shows together and win some trophies !!! yeahhhh :mrgreen: .ive already finished laceing my front wheel and i think i did it right soo i will see you soon

glad to hear youve got your wheels laced(my first time i was one hole off and it cost me a taco'd wheel :x )
looking forward to seeing this on the next ride(btw....is your guy building a bike too?)
and karfer youre going a pearl on the truck? :shock:

giggles13 said:
vintagelove81225 said:
that bike is awsome. love it .it reminds my of my bad side.you (giggles) are an inspiration to me as a female builder.i have yet to build a chopped bike but if and when i do i want to do all the cutting grinding and welding myself.i have very little experiance with any of it.but if i learned more it would open a new door of bike building for me.

Thanks.

I plan on doing more the teacher's nightmare. For one I have to get a rake on it otherwise I will never be able to ride it. :lol:
I didn't get it all completely put together until the day we had to get it down to autorama so didn't fully relize how close them pedals come to that tire. :lol:

I usually end up helping with Chainsaw's welding. I love getting over there and working with the metal. My next build I would like to try from scratch. But I want to get teacher's nightmare finished completely first before starting anything else. Plus I want to take it again down to Autorama next year.

im thinking about taking my bike to autorama too. i want to see if i can win any trophys.my bf wants to plan on going either way. how do you plan on going about raking your forkes out chopping the frame or diffrent forks?.now that you mention it you can see it in your pic that the pedals are close to the tires

vintagelove81225 said:
giggles13 said:
vintagelove81225 said:
that bike is awsome. love it .it reminds my of my bad side.you (giggles) are an inspiration to me as a female builder.i have yet to build a chopped bike but if and when i do i want to do all the cutting grinding and welding myself.i have very little experiance with any of it.but if i learned more it would open a new door of bike building for me.

Thanks.

I plan on doing more the teacher's nightmare. For one I have to get a rake on it otherwise I will never be able to ride it. :lol:
I didn't get it all completely put together until the day we had to get it down to autorama so didn't fully relize how close them pedals come to that tire. :lol:

I usually end up helping with Chainsaw's welding. I love getting over there and working with the metal. My next build I would like to try from scratch. But I want to get teacher's nightmare finished completely first before starting anything else. Plus I want to take it again down to Autorama next year.

im thinking about taking my bike to autorama too. i want to see if i can win any trophys.my bf wants to plan on going either way. how do you plan on going about raking your forkes out chopping the frame or diffrent forks?.now that you mention it you can see it in your pic that the pedals are close to the tires

Where are you from? Are you talking about the detroit show or another city?
Yeah I think I will be chopping the frame to rake it. Maybe extend it out a little more. I kinda like how it sits and don't want to lose too much of that.

We took it this weekend to the memorial for the pow's and everyone was riding all our other bikes. I was itching sooo bad to ride it. But I don't want to risk wrecking the wheels or the fender. So I didn't.

On Lil' Pixie I laced them for the first time too. It was lot of fun. I took the tires down and had our lbs check the truing on it. He said that I did such a good job there was hardly anything to do.
I entered Lil Pixie in two different autorama's and took first both times and got a cool award for the flame job. I also entered it in a local fair and took first.

It is soo fun just to see what people say about the bikes when they are on display. And then when they find out I'm the one that did all the work they are amazed.

Be sure to do up a book with everything that you have done. Pictures comments, kinda like a scrapbook. When they judge and you are not around that helps do the talking for you.
I found out with teacher's nightmare I was tied for 1st so they brought in a different judge and I wasn't there to explain what all I did. The other person had a book. So they got the first.

i am tired of the faded tops on the fenders. now i just need to find a doner ranchero for the back quarters mine are toast. she did fine i had to show here a little how to lace wheels but she figured it out. now i have to tension them and sensor she did what u did using the oposite side holes and we know how that ended up the last time :shock:

karfer67 said:
i am tired of the faded tops on the fenders. now i just need to find a doner ranchero for the back quarters mine are toast. she did fine i had to show here a little how to lace wheels but she figured it out. now i have to tension them and sensor she did what u did using the oposite side holes and we know how that ended up the last time :shock:
did you sell your bug that you where talking about ?my dad is a negative person so i have to talk to him more about your paint job.hes just that way about everything so dont give up hope yet.so far he said he dosent know he if can do it because hes getting up there in age and its hard for him to do extra but you never know when the work flow will slow down again and he'll be hurting for money.i will let you know if i hear anything more. im soooo glad you where able to help me with my wheels im so close to being done that its hard to be patient .all the little things left to do seem like big task but there really not any ways thanks again for your help

sensor said:
glad to hear youve got your wheels laced(my first time i was one hole off and it cost me a taco'd wheel :x )
looking forward to seeing this on the next ride(btw....is your guy building a bike too?)
and karfer youre going a pearl on the truck? :shock:
my boyfriend is not currently building another bike he has this one
gregandtinasbike003.jpg

this is his daughters bike
gregandtinasbike002.jpg

she wanted one just like her daddys
gregandtinasbike001.jpg
:mrgreen:

man that front rim was toast you really should have gotten a different hoop. also you mixed up the spokes somehow and some are way too long that were intended for the rear wheel. oops its all good i will have to take them home and grind the ends off when i finish tensioning them

o man how did i do that omg that really sucks. im sorry for all the extra work .i wish i didnt make so many lil mistakes .i kinda speechless. :cry:

no worries i can make it work. got the rear almost done it was a lot better than the front. your fine i messed my first few wheels up too it is not an easy thing to do

o yay i will have to come tomorrow i got ur meesage to late hehe thanks so much for helping me out :mrgreen:
ps do you have any bands in yet?

karfer67 said:
sticking two pieces of metal together with metal glue is not hard at all. the main thing is making sure you have good penetration between the two metals rather than focusing on a purty weld. as my teacher said "i know a good grinder"
:shock: Uh...

vintagelove81225 said:
o yay i will have to come tomorrow i got ur meesage to late hehe thanks so much for helping me out :mrgreen:
ps do you have any bands in yet?

Hey A, please post a photo after you pick up the wheels so we can see them, okay? :D

DSCN1848.jpg

avintagelove.jpg

here is a before and after pic but the bike isnt all the way done just small things like a whole seat instead of just a seat pan and mirrors and some lettering on the chain gaurd. almost there and i think i will be just in time for the next ride!!! :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

Back