other female builders?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCN1848-1.jpg

DSCN1850.jpg

DSCN1861.jpg

this is my project bike. i cant wait till its done but the whole process is alot of fun. i just wanna know if there are other women bike builders like me. it seems like this is a mostly male dominated world.

There seems to be more and more every week.......I'll bet if ya post an "intro", they'll respond (with a few dozen other guys). :lol:

i plan to keep the bike mostly origanal. when i baught the bike almost everything was still there from the 60's execpt the fenders ,one tire ,and the seat. it was a great find. im mainly going to paint(orange of some sort) the frame and polish all the parts .and of course i have to put apes on it(just my style :lol: ) i want to add some leapard on the grip and seat. i want the bike to pop in a crowed

looks good so far let me know if u need help lacing the wheels

crackedpiston said:
"pop in a crowed"... Sorry, is this some new hipster language???
Down with the spell check oppressers!Viva luh revulushion! :lol:

i give ya huge props for working on your own bike. she is working on every aspect of this bike by herself and learning how to do it all her self. rock on!!

crackedpiston said:
"pop in a crowed"... Sorry, is this some new hipster language???
my friend fire proof is exactly right i do mean to stand out in a crowd. i appreciate the support from karfer67. laceing my wheels for the first time will be a difficult task but i have to give it a try before i can say i dont like it.if all els fails i know i have a good backup plan named adam :lol:

DSCN1892.jpg

DSCN1891.jpg

DSCN1890.jpg

DSCN1886.jpg

DSCN1883.jpg

DSCN1882.jpg

finally some new pics. just painted forks and frame still have to do the chain guard which will be a two toned orange and white .im so happy that i got the paint going. thats been holding me back for a few weeks now.next step wheel lacing :roll:

bigger pictures!be proud of your work! :p
as for lacing wheels.....just make sure the first spoke is in the right spot and its not hard(dont ask karfer about the ones i laced 1 hole off :roll: )

i tried to make them bigger but the pics got blurry .i will make them bigger when i take more pics 8)

nice color choice, and good luck with the wheels. once you get the hang of it, you'll be hooked!
there are other female builders on this site. for one, there's HotRodJen. super talented gal, with some cool bikes.
best of luck!

theVULTURE said:
nice color choice, and good luck with the wheels. once you get the hang of it, you'll be hooked!
there are other female builders on this site. for one, there's HotRodJen. super talented gal, with some cool bikes.
best of luck!
ive heard of her ive yet to look her up though . my boyfriend wants me to learn to do wheels so i can do his but i think if hes gonna make me learn imma make him learn :lol:

in this pic hes on to spraying the clear coat
DSCN1913.jpg

thats my thinkin face
DSCN1903.jpg

DSCN1898.jpg

DSCN1897.jpg

a few hours after i painted my bike my dad came home and told me he wanted to paint it especially for me.it was an opportunity i couldn't pass up soooo we had to strip the paint alll over again and quickly before we ran out of day light.the extra work was well worth it.the next day we took it to a buddys shop where my dad made up the color but before that could actually go on i had to finish sanding and prepping the parts.theres alot of layers of differnt paints like etching primer a sealer, a base coat and then the color. now i have to totally unique color.im very proud of my dads work hes a great painter

DSCN1931.jpg

this is the finished product im almost there now the only object is money (of course)

DEFINETLY something to be proud of!...Gonna be a head turner.

I like that color, gives a nod to the 60s Schwinn color 'coppertone', but gives it a modern spin. That's gonna be one sweet ride! ~Adam

Back