Old # 3 With paint!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Old # 3

I think it does look like a cycle truck,just with an attitude. Its the long front headtube that says cycletruck to me. I liked the first pic with the bar higher. This gives u more room for signage. If u really don't like it maybe I could take it of ur hands.

Froggie its growing on me especially since it will take a big rear tire.

Thats funny Chuck. I have cut everything but the top tube and BB. I think I have done enough
dammage to it. Its time to finish it.....well probably tomorrow. :lol:
DSCF0001-193.jpg

Looks good just thought I'd give you a hardtime.....
Uncle Stretch said:
Froggie its growing on me especially since it will take a big rear tire.

Thats funny Chuck. I have cut everything but the top tube and BB. I think I have done enough
dammage to it. Its time to finish it.....well probably tomorrow. :lol:
DSCF0001-193.jpg

Thanks Lucas. That is a 3 1/4'' wide rim and it has a regular 26x2.125 on it. I ordered a couple
black fat franks for it. They should look pretty good on there.

Decided on a bar placement. Its an inch lower than stock. It looks better than the lower one. Its all welded
in and filed down....no more changes at this point. Hope ya like it.
Time to burn up a little of Steve's real estate :D
DSCF0002-165.jpg

DSCF0003-70.jpg

DSCF0004-53.jpg

DSCF0005-31.jpg

DSCF0001-194.jpg

Thanks Steve. I'm hoping with a bigger tire on the back and some orange paint it will look good.
Should be painting today as pretty as it is. Still have a little bondo to do.

Thanks Lucas it won't be long.
Houndog I'm pretty much a paint guy,besides I don't have an orange bike.

I ran around every thrift shop...resale shop ...finally I found this really nice BMX...Kent...at a pawn shop.
It was really junk but had a pretty good 20'' front wheel. It came with a redline tire. It had a little rust
but I'm going to paint it black to match the back anyway. $20 plus $1.65 tax. The price was right. So I stuck all
the junk parts I could find and took it for a spin in the back yard. Now this was the first time my dog has seen
a bike up close. She is a barker. Anyway it rides good enough to continue on with the build.

DSCF0003-71.jpg

Thanks Mark its been a fun build.

Iven that is the front wheel and tire are off of my real cycle truck. It had to go back home.
Maybe Chuck will feel sorry for me and get me another one of those bigger tires. :p

You name it Buddy!
\
Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks Mark its been a fun build.

Iven that is the front wheel and tire are off of my real cycle truck. It had to go back home.
Maybe Chuck will feel sorry for me and get me another one of those bigger tires. :p

Yeah Steve, Betty has already called dibbs on this one. :lol: She does that from time to time.

The junk BMX I bought for $20 had a new black rim laced to the rear. I took it apart and laced it to a
front hub. Turned out nice. It matches the rear now.
DSCF0001-195.jpg

Latest posts

Back