Old # 3 With paint!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Old # 3

It looks cool...I think it would need a basket though to really make it say Cycle Truck.

I guess the seat tube also has less rake on a real CT.

Yeah Steve, its one of those things that you just totally miss it. Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained.

Yeah maybe a StretchRay. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Or maybe paint it Yellow and call it a BananaRay. :lol: :lol:

Mark did a photoshop of the bar moved. It looks better. Since its pretty much a wash, I will try
moving the bar down.
works4.jpg

Photochopping can be good and bad. It lets you see into the future...... and the work ahead. :mrgreen:

Clancy I have no life , so if I finish it then I have nothing to do. If I cut it and change it then
I have more of a project. So its Bandsaw Time. :wink:

I had even thought about that. Could call it the ZZ TOP bike. :shock:

I really didn't want to have to fill up the hole in the neck from cutting the bottom tube lug off
but hey I got time and a welder. So this is where I am right now. Just heavy tacked in , but looking
pretty good like this.
DSCF0001-192.jpg

Here it is with the center tube tacked in....still doesn't look like a cycle truck.
Guess its got too much rake. Oh well. Looks sorta like a ladder. :shock: :shock:
DSCF0002-162.jpg

I could raise the back and then the rake would look less, but then it would be too high to ride
comfortably. Guess since it doesn't look like a cycle truck then just I will just make it a funny
little twin bar with a small front tire. :lol:
DSCF0002-163.jpg

I like it with the redone bottom tube. Just mount the straight bar horizontally right above the bottom tube and call it done!

Maybe the center tube parallel to ground same starting point at seat tube gives the sign board Steve's going to design for you a ground. :) I liked the z version too kinda interesting and different.

Yeah Gary I used a program and drew it every way and it doesn't get any better. There is too much rake
in the seatpost and the steering tube to look like a cycle truck. I thought I could get it ,but it isn't there.
It will look ok , but its no cycle truck.

Back